Harry first day in the woods.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hey up all, nothing megga big, but Harry had his first day in the woods today, we had some fruit bannok cooked on the Hobo Stove and little walk and because Harry loves the water so much he went for a paddle in the stream....;)

will add pic's in a moment as my mobile is not uploading for some reason??????

regards.

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ese4yvat.jpg
u5eqe4aj.jpg
eqybedug.jpg
uga2y2uq.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice one Chris, he certainly looks happy in his surroundings, i know the under garments are a requirement! But love the dpm fleece, first of many pal, enjoy.

Ivan...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Nice one Chris, he certainly looks happy in his surroundings, i know the under garments are a requirement! But love the dpm fleece, first of many pal, enjoy.

Ivan...

ha ha ha ha ha ha, it will be the first of many to come, dont want to wish time away because every second is precious to me, but cant wait till he is older....:):):):)

he has a real tree t/shirt my friends got from the US, the wife just said "NO"...lol.... give it time though, give it time...:)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Yay, start 'em young :). He looks as though he's enjoying it even if mud and water feel a bit strange ... and his face says "what is that forest stuff ???"

he is a very bonny lad and loves all the colours and shades and noises, he loves trees (just like his dad) and is no stranger to water, he learnt to swim when he was very young and even swims under water...:):):):):) his first time in real woods though, not a peep out of him, to busy looking and taking it all in.

cant wait to start the real training, but then suppose it started today....;)

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
We could be looking at the next Bear Grylls, he's already crossing raging torrents with his kit off :D.........that pushmobile looks the business too.:)

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Great day you had there. Thanks for sharing.

If the wife thinks the Realtree T is over the top, just wait til he's a toddler and wants the bedsheets/comforter set and curtains for his room. LOL. One of my cousins middle son did his room up in Mossy Oak.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
That's just so cute! I bet he'll love the outdoors with a dad like you:)

thanks mate, he will defo be an outdoors boy, its important for me to spend time alone with him, i never had the chance with my dad because he was always working and was too tyred from overtime, i deeply regret that, so no matter what he will be out and about with me, camping or shooting....:)

blacktimberwolf. well we could well be, his middle name is Bear which i dont normally advertise here for obvious reasons, but so far, he has the makings....;) the buggy is all part of the life style...:)

Britishred. fraid not, i had to chop the 410 in to get my .243 but he will be shooting at age 5, i have it all worked out you see, first wild camp with daddy age 3, first air rifle at age 5, the list goes on...;) lol...

Santaman. she wont have a choice when he is older, he wil "NEED" it to go shooing in...;) wish i could have a mossy oak bedroom, it could be my chilling room...;)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Lovely pics chris enjoy every second cause they grow up to quick.you can see in his face how much he is taking every sight and sound in
So Whens the bow drill lessons start ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looks great, and like a couple of others say he's got an infectious grin. Nice to hear that he's drinking it all in when he's out there, always a sign of a smart kid to me one who watches and listens.

Hope you have many more days like it.

ATB,
GB.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Lovely pics chris enjoy every second cause they grow up to quick.you can see in his face how much he is taking every sight and sound in
So Whens the bow drill lessons start ;)

ha ha ha ha, he is still a little young but they will start before the first wild camp, he is only 14 months old, he is a big lad and has a big pain threshold and is totally fearless, he throws him self about all the time, he has taken to standing up then throw him self back on the floor because he thinks its funny when he bashes into the floor, backwards to the looney.....

i love him to bits and cant bare to be away from him more than i have to, i hate going to work and leaving him....:(:(:(:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE