Happy Yule

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The shortest days; light up the house and welcome the daylight back again :) Family, feasting, friends.....enjoy :D

I find the juxtaposition of the various Earth rotations quite fascinating; the days lengthen from now on, we're still orbiting closer to the Sun but the coldest part of the year is yet to come. 4th January is perihelion, yet we are in Winter because the northern hemisphere is tilted away from the sun.

Funny old world :D

atb,
Toddy

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The shortest days; light up the house and welcome the daylight back again Family, feasting, friends.....enjoy

I find the juxtaposition of the various Earth rotations quite fascinating; the days lengthen from now on, we're still orbiting closer to the Sun but the coldest part of the year is yet to come. 4th January is perihelion, yet we are in Winter because the northern hemisphere is tilted away from the sun.

Funny old world

atb,
Toddy

You should try cataloguing the Astronomical Ephemera for Iceland in Spring.

That really takes some working out...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
.........and not one single person brought that into the thread until now :sigh:

It's a fine line.....it goes like this......

On the one hand there are those who are religiously minded.....of any persuasion.
On t'other are those who are not.
Then there's the courtesy of wishing the seasonal greetings.

The Mods generally give a quick squint over to the latter, of any persuasion and none, and let it sit in good will to all.
The first two get quietly closed down.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Happy winter solstice to you all, the sun cant return fast enough haha

I'm warm, dry, cosy, well fed and contented :) but I miss the light during these short, dreich days.
It has been overcast and wet and windy most of the day that there was here...no wonder we look forward to snow and it's brightness :)

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE