Happy Yule

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
that reminds me, if it isn't raining, Ill be getting a fire going in a bit.

personal tradition. I don't do a Yule log or anything, but I do use this night to burn all my old offcuts and useless bits of wood that have accumulated in the previous year. There's a usually a bottle of beer or so consumed along the way too.

Wife stands by and looks on tolerantly, if slightly confused.

Seasoned greetings to all! :D

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Celebrating the solstice in style. Siping homemade sloe gin (which I hope the last Wooplaw meet attendees will agree is rather tasty) and tucking into a homemade curry. May you all have favourable times into the spring

Orric

I had my first glass of home made cider today, although I have to confess it is not of the best, needs a little longer perhaps. I also bottled my blackberry wine which is better. Later on I think I shall have a sip or two of my blackcurrant vodka. Looking forward to my beetroot wine and my marrow wine when it is ready.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've just bottled the sloe gin and the sloe whisky........my house smells very 'fruity' :D

M

What a coincidence - I've just walked in from the back hall after bottling my Bullace gin to read this post - Snap!. I've re-filled the jars with the fruit still in there with some very dry Sherry which I'll leave four weeks or so; My house also has a "fruity" smell, and very suitable for the day it is!

Yuletide greetings to one and all.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, never thought of that one....I have two jars full of sloes, one whisky soaked and one gin soaked....I was just going to compost them, tbh.

There's half a bottle of truly dire brandy in the press. Son2 actually stuck a label on it saying that it's only fit for cooking :rolleyes: I wonder if sloes would improve it any ? :)

M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
They certainly wouldn't do it any harm, Mary; I've always bought a couple of bottles of whatever decent dry sherry the supermarkets have on offer to soak up the remaining goodness, and although I'm not the greatest fan of sherry a six week soak makes for a drop of very nice sipping sherry! When that's over I'll pour melted chocolate over what remains and share that out amongst the elderly neighbours, most of whom seem to have a
very sweet tooth...............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE