Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Wishing a very happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and especially our visitors from across the Pond!! :biggthump :eek:):

I hope you have all had a good day and will be tucking in to a suitably bushcrafty feast with friends and family.

Thanksgiving isn't celebrated here, obviously :wink: :rolmao:. In fact the incensitive managment of my company had me driving 200 miles to attend a day long "Health, Safety & the Environment" for design seminar :yuck:

On the upside, I am going to my folks for the weekend and getting a nice venison dinner (courtesy of my friend's Honda Integra :roll: :lol: )

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
mebbe next year we could celebrate it as "bushcrafting day" this side of the pond?

happy bushcrafting day chris :lol:

Tant

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Groan, I barely got my halloween costume off and now it's turkey day. Turkey has a natural chemical called tryptophan which induces drowsiness. My Indian and Pak neighbors shuffle past, heads buried in saris. Is it the 'foreign' smell of food for once overwhelming their perfumed curries and rice? My Native american, first nations, indigenous, often 1/4 Winnebago tribe, 1/4 german,1/2 mexican friends are either serving dinner to the elders, observing a counter observance of the destruction of Turtle Island's many cultures or watching the TEEVEE. Today is also the busiest shopping day of the year. Our dynamo economy is based largely on war and a religous observance rescheduled to the pagan winter solstice to honor the birth of the prince of peace :?: Oh well, My mother baked her famous fruit cake, the cats drunk from sipping my champagne and passed out upside down on my rucksack and the turkey isn't to bad this year. market employees have an after hours game caled Turkey Bowling. Frozen birds are slid down an aisle into various other merchandise. At least all the fast food places are closed for the day. :rolmao:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Hobo.. Thanks giving is the day one year after the pilgrim fathers (a group of holy men who left from plymouth to america) settled there and gave thanks to god for a successful first year in the new land where the native americans accepted them and shared with them their recourses..IIRC(im no expert)

Happy Thanks giving everyone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE