Happy Birthday, tombear!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers me dears!

Not making much of a fuss of it, 47 isn't one of the landmark ones, but I am doing no house work or cooking which has a certain novelty to it. Been given a bit of money which is always nice, blown a bit of it on a everyday Quartz pocket watch as I don't like wrist watches, doing the stuff I do. Later on herself is picking up the 6" jaw leg vice I've been offered for if not a song then as near as and yesterday I swapped my uselessly huge rough anvil for a sweet little one that I can actually lift without my insides trying to become my outsides! So all in all I'm a happy little bear. If I'm lucky I'll get a Chinese or curry out of herself tonight.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers folks. The suns out and my latest acquisition is constituting a serious trip hazard in the hall where it can stay until I drag it out side to derust and fettle it.

Heres a pic, a bit readers wives but it gives you a idea of the size, 42 inches long, 6 inch jaws and feels like a hundredweight heavy!

image.jpg1_zpsxe8fyxqd.jpg

The middle sons cooking supper as in the great scheme of things I'd rather blow the money for Chinese for 5 on kit than on the transient enjoyment of a fancy meal.

Smoked the last of my Gaworths black cherry exclusiv sitting on the wall of the herb garden with the sun on my face and the world is good.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Happy Birthday, Tom. I'm at the point where I enjoy the reminders for maybe 10 seconds. A good dinner with family and/or friends creates lasting memories.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE