Hammock underblanket anyone tried this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
Having spent a good night in my new DD hammock I got to thinking about an underblanket, I have an army surplus warm weather sleeping bag, the one with the square foot. Inside (i don't know why) they have a number of ties, my thought is that I could use the ties to attach it to the hammock, if not unzipped all the way it would envelope the foot of the hammock and the hood cinched up to do similar at the head end.
Has anyone tried this to good effect or am I being oversimplistic, I look forward to hearing peoples views as I am sure plenty out there will have good advice

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
The ties are to attach a silk liner.
As far as a an underblanket I gave my sleeping bag away and bought a group buy one from wanderingstar. Note I have a Henessey Hammock where you get in from below.
Alan

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Nice thought using a sleeping bag but I use a regular poncho liner (US) with the short ends sewn double. Through the doubled pieces of the liner I insert bungees and I use those to connect it with the carabinier hooks coupling the tree side and the hammock side of the ropes. It's crude but effective and I just spent I good nicht of sleep in the Appennines with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE