hammock advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 14, 2007
Plymouth
hey guys!
I am really stuck and could do with some help and advice.
Here's my problem:
I would like to try out hammockin as I ve heard so many good things about it BUT
i am a 'belly sleeper'!!! I ve looked into makin my own 'bridge hammock' but just the material on its own is more expensive then a DD travel hammock.
Now, here is were i need advice from converted 'belly sleepers'!? is it possible?

Sorry if everything is abit vage, maybe I should just give it a go and find out for myself.

Any help or advice appriciated!
thanks
Marco

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's probably a good idea to borrow one and see how you get on. Some of the bigger ones like the group buy NomadsLandXXL are big enough to let you lie fairly flat on the diagonal, do you know anyone near you who's got one you could try ?

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I'm a belly sleeper and have no problems in my DD Travel. I tend to alternate between belly and side though throughout the night tbh. HTH :D

masongary44

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 6, 2004
Leeds, England
I just came back from a weekend out in Yorkshire and used a Henessay Exped. Asym hammock for the first time. I found to my surprise that I could get comfortable on my front, back, side... any which way, but, there are some people out there that dont seem to get on with the Hennassey kit. Worth you trying them out of having if you get the opportunity.

For the first time in a long time I found myself sleeping in beyond sun-up and getting some really good rest.

Mar 14, 2007
Plymouth
Thank you guys for sharing your experience and advice!
Looks like it is posible to have a good night sleep even as a "belly sleeper" in a normal hammock, I definetely will give it a go, and i quess if it doesnt work someone will buy or trade the DD hammock!

@shewie: Unfortunately I dont have anyone I could borrow a hammock from, cause I recently moved to Germany and dont know many people yet!

K.NYPH

Tenderfoot
Apr 30, 2009
Leicestershire
After a lot of research I would say CLARK HAMMOCK:You_Rock_
I have just ordered the ultralight in camo but to be fair I think its a personal thing.If its comfy water proof and you are happy then that one is the best for you:umbrella:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE