Halloween Costumes - WH40K based

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
So Halloween is nearly upon us it's time for Costumes, for the last few years me and my GF have been doing a Warhammer 40K theam. I was going to go all out this year and go as a Plague Marine but my attempts at power armour have been less than great (The joints look silly and I can't get it to ooze glow sticks nicely).

Last year I did a Chaos Cultist outfit including makeup to make me look deformed with a chaos undivided star, this year however I fancy doing a imperial costume. So far I have had ideas for a Valhallan Infantry man based on Jurgen from the Ciaphas Cain books or a Arms man from the Eisenstein during it's flight to earth, going heavy on the Bionics.

Now I need some help coming up with ideas, for the Bionics for this one I am going with a power fist and laspisol, but am unsure what to do for the rest I am thinking eye peace and a leg brace, but I am also unsure what to do for the rest of the uniform as it's that varies in the text I don't know what to do, what do you 40K players think?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I think you need to be asking this question on Dakka-Dakka, or Warseer.

However,
For a Valhallan, I'd be looking at soviet army surplus, greatcoat and shapka.
The devil will be in the details though.
Belt pouches and a round waterbottle with an aquilla badge shouldn't be too difficult.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
40K forums tend to always go for chaos or stupid stuff, so that's why I haven't asked there.

But Details are whats going to make it, I have a single Aquilla fabric patch, and I need a few more. And the Valhallan stuff I was looking at Soviet gear, a few years ago I made a Vallhallan paten lasgun that was a deactivated AK47 heavily modded, looked amazing, my mate has it now i'll get a picture tomorrow. But I really like the Armsman idea myself but the details are patchy and want help filling in the blanks.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
ImperialNavyArmsmen.jpg

That's some arms men but way after the herresy and I am going for heresy era uniforms, this is the Crewsmen (Ammo loaders and deck crew etc)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120914145117/warhammer40k/images/6/68/Fleet_Crew2.jpg

From what I have in books in text and drawing arms men where part way betwen both uniforms so I want to mix and match but cant decide how to go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE