Haix High Liability Combat boots, any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Just looking at boots, now I currently have a pair of the Meindl Desert Fox boots which are absolutely ace, really comfortable boots.
Only problem is they aren't waterproof, now I'm a reasonably accomplished bog trotter and generally avoid stomping in water but sometimes its unavoidable. Especially in winter and long wet grass.

So...
Haix High Liability Combat boots, any good?

Seems like there's a few on Ebay at reasonable prices and modern UK forces kit is now (after a bad point in the 80s/90s) really good kit.
Plus they have got out of that black boots phase, I'm not wearing black boots.

Anyone got them? Opinions?

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
My son was issued the high liability desert boots/ or brown suede by Haix, before he went to Afghanistan. He loved them, they served him well over there, & when he came back he went on his corporals course, & wore them all week in the rain, & they lasted 3 days before leaking. So if their leather boots are as good they should be great boots.

Rob

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
My son was issued the high liability desert boots/ or brown suede by Haix, before he went to Afghanistan. He loved them, they served him well over there, & when he came back he went on his corporals course, & wore them all week in the rain, & they lasted 3 days before leaking. So if their leather boots are as good they should be great boots.

Rob

Good stuff. As I understand it the Desert version doesn't have the Gore Tex bit, but the combat boot and the cold weather ones do.
I'll likely be getting some unless someone says they don't last well.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
I'm in our companies on site industrial fire and rescue team. We went all out and bought some top of the line haix boots and they are REALLY comfy. If it weren't for the fact they are steel toed and plated making them heavy and super warm I'd hike in them

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Got a pair issued a few weeks ago. They're comfy once broken in but this does take a fair bit of doing because of the quite large rubber rind going along the top of the sole. These can also be quite warm at the moment, more so then the old CAB boots.

caorach

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
UK
I found they took a bit of breaking in but they seem to be good boots. I paid £50 for a new pair and have about 7 pairs of boots in use at the minute and would say that the Haix ones compare in quality with ones 5 - 6 times more expensive. They are maybe not initially as comfy as the best of the hill walking ones but seem to break in well. Certainly well worth £50 in my view and I'd bet if they were charging £300 for them they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Been wearing the high liability brown suede ones at work all day today, working as a gardener, so been on my feet, they are my summer wear for this year with shorts !, very comfy & the deep rubber bumper stops the toes of the boots getting damaged when I'm kneeling.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE