HAFT shirts - today only!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Careful Please Telwebb

That comes very close to contraveining the rules and incuring the wrath of the staff - for someone who has been a member as long as you have.

Ogri the trog

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
I wont be putting any more up until I can see how that differs from any of the number of direct links I have followed from here - some of which are current and don't appear to be a problem.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think it was just the fact that you're relatively new that's all, it's better to give a "heads-up" with "no connection to seller etc etc"

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
The question is, is it your ebay account, or is it something you just stumbles across?
If it's the former, it's a problem, if it's the latter it's not.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
Right - don't think I can be doing anything wrong (I hope) in just saying - without detail - that a certain auction website has 'daily deals'. I get email notifications of these deals, as can anybody. They start at 08:00 and generally run for 24 hrs. If you go to the front page in the menu bar you will see 'Daily deals'. Of the two highlighted today I believe one will be of interest to one or two of you. I have nothing to gain even if all of you were to buy a thousand each - in fact I stand a chance of making myself very unpopular if they turn out to be rubbish, which for all I know they might be. Your risk. I've taken mine.

That OK?

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Likewise to Grahams post
it is quite acceptable to review a product and say where you got it.
However we're under constant bombardment from people who sign up to the forum purely to advertise their own products and use our membership as a captive audience to boost their profit margin. All straight advertising has to be discussed with Tony the forum owner.

Your post looked very similar to the many that we end up deleting on a daily basis.

Ogri the trog

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Got my shirt this morning and I'm happy enough with it, for £12 delivered you can't go wrong. It's got a nice texture to it, the bark is a nice colour and I'm glad I ordered the medium when I normally get a large. Thanks for the heads up!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Mine also came today, very happy with it so we'll see how it goes.

I also went for the medium which was a good call.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If you are not linked to the seller then surely there is nothing wrong with posting links to deals and sales offers.

Can I just point out that the PHD Summer sale is in its last week?!! http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/special-offers.php?cat=79

I have no link to that company and have never bought from them but nearly did and can recommend the minim300 as a very good 3 seasonish bag for ULers based on comments on a few forums (including this IIRC).

BTW can we have the link back because I have no idea what Haft shirts are.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
They're re-listed on Ebay, do a search and you should find them easy enough. Check the size chart as they're a very generous cut...

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Generous is the word to use, regarding size. Mine arrived and I'm glad I went one size smaller than I'd normally go (I measured the armpit to armpit as per the website, and it said large) Well made but a bit large. The Olive colour is a slightly darker green than I was expecting, and the button holes had the odd thread, but I'm happy to re-order a couple more

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
oops - seems I should have read the listing properly like the rest of you did! Am I allowed to offer them on as a pair (at a discount naturally) ?

EDIT: Seems not - oh well, back they go then!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE