guyline tensioner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi folks does anyone know how to thread these :confused: :BlueTeamE

Attachments

• RIMG0285.jpg
    RIMG0285.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 168

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hey i uploaded the picy ok as well i know its a stupid question but ive never used one before regards dave

pwb

Here's a pic of a similar tensioner attached to an IPK stake.

DSC02853Small.jpg

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
thanks both of you i got it now,im a silly billy
regards dave
ps. got to retie them all again

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
guys all different ways and i didnt have one of them right, excuse me while i beat myself with a large stick regards dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You would have to join my Scouts to learn that one Rich...it's a speciality of some of the kids :D

Simon

Lol

It looks a bit like the "hold left button and squiggle about a bit knot", only ever attempted by those skilled in the art of fine knottery.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
taut line hitch, anyone?

That was my first thought as well; bin the fabric abrading pieces of aluminium and tie some knots. But some people did not get the brain-part that does applied 3-dimentional geometry and topology under field conditions, so I did not want to come across as judgemental.

Ever since the Summer of Ashley[1] these things have come more or less natural to me., but I know I'm not normal.

[1] I somehow managed to borrow the schools copy over the summer holidays, and started from page one, only skipping the insane sinnets and a few of the decorative marlinspike ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE