Guess I'm Dense but.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
Hi, there: Guess I'm dense but I don't follow the "Nomad", "Tracker", "Forager" titles after people's names. Could I have an explanation? Just curious.......Thanks, Bruce :confused:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's got to do with the number of posts you've made:
Bushcrafter: dunno, only Adi007 is one, IIRC (He's got alot to say)
Native: 1000+ posts
Settler: 500 posts
Nomad: 250 posts
Forager: 100 posts
Tenderfoot 50 posts
Member: 0-49posts (NOT to be confused with being a normal member or subscribed member: Full member / Contributing member).

Hope this helps mate!

Edit: Wenie, great minds work alike :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Tony said:
Bushcrafter is anyone with over two thousand posts, there's a few people getting up there now...I'll have to create some more ;)

Tony..........So if I get to 4000 do I become an administrator..............Jon

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Tony said:
Bushcrafter is anyone with over two thousand posts, there's a few people getting up there now...I'll have to create some more ;)

So why does Tom Tom appear as a Native rather than a Bushcrafter?

And you too!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good point, I need to sort out the secondary name that's there, there should only be the main title, in this case I'm admin and so it doesn't get over written, in Tomtom's he's a full member and that takes priority. It's been on the list for ages, just not a high enough priority to get me to sort it!

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Tony said:
Good point, I need to sort out the secondary name that's there, there should only be the main title, in this case I'm admin and so it doesn't get over written, in Tomtom's he's a full member and that takes priority. It's been on the list for ages, just not a high enough priority to get me to sort it!

Hi Tony,

Just found this after wondering what it all meant. If the second name is redundant then how about making it user selectable/free text with titles like 'DIYer', 'armchair bushcrafter', 'pyromaniac', 'cook', 'blacksmith', 'living the dream', 'instructor', 'newbie', 'travel junkie', 'hiker' Etc. Just to give a little idea as to the mindset of the member?

Just an idea, and as you said above, I'm sure there's a long list of idea's already waiting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE