Group Buy: Italian Wool Blankets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
*** Ended ***
see post #22 re: reserve list

Following on from this thread several members have expressed an interest in a group buy of Italian Wool Blankets.

Full details can be found at www.varusteleka.fi

These are being sold for 5 Euros - roughly 4.40 GBP

Apparently Italian blankets are renowned for their heavy moth-proof treatment and come with the following disclaimer - their words not mine:

"Please note: If the last batch of these smelled, then you're in for a whole new world of sh** with this one; the smell is horrendous. These are encrusted in a layer of naphtalene crystals, and it will take some serious airing out, shaking out and general violence to get rid of the intense smell of old loft. Spontaneous nosebleeds, nausea and confusion might ensue. You have been warned!"

The company state that delivery is 18 Euros (~16 GBP). I have contacted them and they are happy to honour that price regardless of the size of order. Obviously there will be an additional cost for me to redistribute them once they reach the UK which will be in the region of £8. Now, for roughly £15 pounds you can get some really good blankets in the UK so this offer is probably only makes sense if you want to order several blankets. I will be attending this year's Bushmoot so if you are prepared to wait until then or are prepared to collect from Sheffield then this is a great opportunity to pick up a real (but smelly) bargain.

Closing date is midnight Saturday (16 July) or once we reach 30 units - which ever comes first. Once we have all the expressions of interest I'll start collecting payments and place the order.

If you are interested then please add to the list below. It would also help if indicate how you want to receive them: Collect from Sheffield, Collect at BushMoot, Post to a UK address

Name (Quantity) Collect/Moot/Post

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
The price will be around £4.40 per blanket plus a share of the postage from Finland - since I'm ordering four the most it would cost you is £3.20 extra(£16 shipping/5) that will come down as we get more interest. If we get an order for 10 blankets then it only be an extra £1.60 per blanket, if it's 20 then £0.80. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
And I guess as Finland is EU no duty.

I'll take FOUR. Collect at Bushmoot. Hope you got enough space for all these!

Cheers for running this, would have myself if had time and space in car to take to bushmoot! Be fun fitting in four more blankets on way home...

Dangerous Dan (4) Collect
shaggystu (2) collect
R.lewis (4) collect from Bushmoot

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I really shouldn't but neither can I walk past this fine offer - thanks DD

shaggystu (2) collect
Tadpole (2) Moot
Ogri the trog (2) Moot

Cheers
OTT

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Update with list correction! (Crossed posting)

shaggystu (2) collect
Tadpole (2) Moot
Ogri the trog (2) Moot
R.lewis (4) Moot

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
stick me down for 4 if you could let me know how much it would be to post them then i'll tell you if i'll collect or not need to see if a train ticket would be cheaper

cheers
matt

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
shaggystu (2) collect
Tadpole (2) Moot
Ogri the trog (2) Moot
R.lewis (4) Moot
Wattsy (4) Post
Mesquite (4) Moot

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Crikey, who would have thought there would be so much interest in a pile of stinky old blankets. To keep logistics feasible I'm going to have to cap it at 30 units. We have 22 so far, 8 remaining.

Actually, maybe we need a new corner at the moot? We have the Scottish Corner and the Naughty Corner, how about the Stinky Imported Blanket Corner!

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2007
UK
shaggystu (2) collect
Tadpole (2) Moot
Ogri the trog (2) Moot
R.lewis (4) Moot
Wattsy (4) Post
Mesquite (4) Moot
beanson toast (1) Post

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
shaggystu (2) collect
Tadpole (2) Moot
Ogri the trog (2) Moot
R.lewis (4) Moot
Wattsy (4) Post
Mesquite (4) Moot
beanson toast (1) Post
TeeDee ( 4 ) Post

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE