Grilliput and firebowl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I threw my Grilliput in the bin, it warped the very first time i used it, expensive piece, of well, junk imho, the firebowl i use fairly often, though in hindsight, i think you can get a folding collander from places like Ikea for less money and they are basically the same thing

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
As Rik says the collasable steamer from Wilkos is approx £3. I bought one a month or so ago and have used it twice. It does the job of a fire bowl perfectly well. I'm trying to modify mine at the moment so I can add some detachable legs to improve stability and get it up off the ground to prevent fire scars. I will post pics on here once I get around to doing it.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I didnt actully realise that the grill and fire bowl were seperate items until after I started this thread!!! Im not tight but WOW that is one expensive bbq lol!!!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Not cheap, but the only one worth getting IMO
Search EBay for 270903516958

Yeah I have been looking at these for a while, they seem to get very good reviews indeed! But like you say £45 quid posted seems to a bit pricey!! although if it lasts its a pretty sound investment!!
Are you happy with yours?

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
She had lots available to swap - probably still does.

Cheers for the heads up!! I have sent her a pm to see if she has any available, unfortunately I dint have any of what she wants swap wise so I have asked if she will accept cold hard cash lol.
As I have no experience at all, do you think would be able to use 1 of them bbq as a fire box?
I dont think there is alot of difference between charcoal and wood other than the wood flames for a alot longer I guess.
Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE