Grilliput and firebowl

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Cheers for the heads up!! I have sent her a pm to see if she has any available, unfortunately I dint have any of what she wants swap wise so I have asked if she will accept cold hard cash lol.
As I have no experience at all, do you think would be able to use 1 of them bbq as a fire box?
I dont think there is alot of difference between charcoal and wood other than the wood flames for a alot longer I guess.
Cheers
Steve

I have one, but I've not used it yet - it'd do the job, not sure how long it would last with daily use but it would certainly be a good start.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I think with the grilliput you either love them or hate them. I picked mine up at millets, 3yrs ago, when they were on a half price sale. I did'nt like it & gave it away to a member on here, each to their own, the idea is great, but just did'nt float my boat.

Rob

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Yeah I have been looking at these for a while, they seem to get very good reviews indeed! But like you say £45 quid posted seems to a bit pricey!! although if it lasts its a pretty sound investment!!
Are you happy with yours?

I don't have one. I'm "watching" it and think the same. I've been spending shed loads on kit recently and I'm redundant as of end of this month. It could be the one that causes the divorce!

I have to say I'm a big fan of the Grilliput, yes, it warps a little bit but it's only a problem if you are a). buying very small sausages, or b). too weak to bend them back again. I've used mine for a couple of years now and it's still doing me proud. I don't see the point in the fire bowl though (unless weight/bulk isn't an issue or you when transporting it).

I have to admit though, I've had my head turned recently by the Honey Stove, especially now the new version has a food grade steel grill with it. I'm going to scour the forum to see if anyone else has used it.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I have to say I'm a big fan of the Grilliput, yes, it warps a little bit but it's only a problem if you are a). buying very small sausages, or b). too weak to bend them back again. I've used mine for a couple of years now and it's still doing me proud. I don't see the point in the fire bowl though (unless weight/bulk isn't an issue or you when transporting it).

I have to admit though, I've had my head turned recently by the Honey Stove, especially now the new version has a food grade steel grill with it. I'm going to scour the forum to see if anyone else has used it.

You'll find plenty of happy honey stove users on here - and some that have moved on to other versions too.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Christ, don't tell me about other one's - it's all I can do not to buy the new one!

I do wonder (given the marmite opinion of the grilliput) if it's something to do with how it's used, or perhaps dodgy steel in some of them? Some people seem to have serious issues - others like ourselves find it great. Strikes me as a bit odd.

I think it depends on how it's used. I used to throw mine directly over the fire and if the fire gets 'furnace like' the bars can warp. Now I tend to move it around more depending on the kind of fire I've got and what I'm cooking.

I think most people dislike it because it's fiddly to put up and greasy to pack away. I happy to live with both of those for it's simplistic flexibility, ease of packing and the fact it makes a handy cosh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE