Greetings from Vancouver Island

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnny Canuck

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2007
The True North Strong and Free
Greetings from Port Alberni, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. I am lucky to live in a beautiful temperate rainforest. We get lots of rain but little snow. This is a great place to live if you love the outdoors, easy access to fishing, camping, kayaking and hunting. I have been rough camping all my life, my brother and I had our first solo weekend camping trip when I was 10 and he 12, a five mile hike to a lake. I have kayaked on the west coast of the Vancouver Island and the Queen Charlotte Islands. I have hiked the West Coast Life Saving Trail three times, although I promised myself on the first trip never to do it again. I am a Ray Mears fan. This looks like an interesting site, lots of information.

Mar 28, 2007
Leicestershire, England.
Hey! Welcome, Go Canucks Go!!! :D Welcome to the site, your a lucky devil! :) MY girlfriend and I are longing to move to Vancouver in BC. We're just praying your new conservative government won't make the immigration procedure harder than it already is. :) Grouse Mountain and the surrounding area looked like a wonderful place to just be outdoors and "be". I don't know what canada's "roaming" policy is. :)

Wolves. :)

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Welcome johnny, Hopefully you'll find lots of usefull stuff on here, i know i have.
It's a really great site, very friendly folks here. Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how daft they may seem. If you don't know then you can only learn.
By the way, me and the missus are also heading to your side of the world, but a bit further north, Whitehorse Yk.
All the best
Baggins

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi Johnny, from another dreaming Brit who sees your Island as heaven for those who like the outdoors.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Welcome Johnny. I've been to BC a couple of times. Beautiful country there. Enjoy your stay here on the forums.

T

TimB

Hi, welcome to the forum!!

I'm going to be in BC for my Honeymoon in June / July... I don't think I'm going to convince the wife to head out for days on end.. Hoping to do some kayaking out there tho!

Enjoy the site!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE