Greetings from Germany

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodGnome

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2015
Germany/Northern Ireland
Hey guys,

I'm a 36-year old bushcrafter from Germany. Actually I have been practicing bushcraft for the most time of my life without knowing that there was a term for it... Lots of the things I know about bushcraft and the outdoors have been passed on to me by my grandpa during my childhood and youth. Most time of the year I spend in Germany where I live, work and practice my hobbies with my wife whose mum lives in Northern Ireland. Spending a couple of weeks or more over there at least once a year puts me somehow in contact with bushcraftuk because I can't even stay away from the outdoors on holiday ;).

If someone should be wondering about the nickname I use... No, I am not a gnome. Actually I'm a little over 6'1''. The nickname comes from a German term that my wife used in the past to describe what I do in my free time before she got involved in it, too. In German a woodgnome is a hideous little creature living in the woods being grumpy most of the time. A woodgnome is not evil or unfriendly just... a little odd. So, whenever I took my pack for bushcrafting or else, my wife was asking: "Are you going woodgnoming again?"... Probably it sounds a lot more funny in German but anyway, that's the story.

So much for a brief introduction.

Regards,

Marc

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Hi Marc,

Welcome to the forum. There are couple of people on here from Germany and I'm hoping to move back there soon (I find out in a couple of weeks). If I am, it'll be either Bielefled or Sennelager, where are you?

Regards

Chris

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

@Insel Affen:

I'm in the south of Germany. In a place called the Swabian Jura (near Ulm or Stuttgart, if you like).

Ah yes, I have been through Ilm before on the way to Garmisch-Partenkirchen and my wife' scouts in has headed the medieval parade round Memimngen before. It'so a lovely part of the country, very jealous. I shall refrain from comments about schwarzwälder kirschtorte. Nice to make your aquaintence.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE