Greetings and salutations from Geordieland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Hello everyone, just joined as i find myself regularly reading info from the site and i thought it was about time i joined, hopefully i can contribute to the great vibe i sensed from being a silent reader of this quality website.

I suppose i should say a little bit about myself

From Newcastle UT and was an armchair bushcraft enthusiast for far too long, i know this because as i started to practice it and learned a few basic skills i suddenly felt a lot more human than i had for so many years, 15 years working in customer service call centres is enough to destroy the humanity of most and i was no exception, sometimes you have to lose yourself to really find yourself i guess.

I love attending classes and learning from people with a passion for outdoor living and indigenous crafts, everything from weaving to hunting, fungi and plant lore to flint craft and carving, i'm always learning and practicing the skills i acquire and keen to share this with like minded folk if they ask, if i live to a 100 i'll still consider myself a total novice paddling ankle deep at the shores of an ocean of knowledge.

It was after lighting my first fire by friction i knew i was on the right path, my favourite method is with a bow drill set.

Anyhoo enough waffle for now, please say hello and if you could tell me what you love about bushcraft and why it's a passion for you that would be the best welcome i could ask for (then i know who to ply for info and what i can start to learn from you all).

thanks in advance

Rob

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm doing good, thanks for the welcome everyone, place looks great with bush loving nutters from everywhere and i've barely scratched the surface so far.

I am off wild living locally all next week and the land owner has given me permission to hunt the game on his land and said there be pheasants in that thar woods, i am determined to bag one or two for the fire with my catty, i've never eaten pheasant before does anyone have any experience with this bird?

If this should be put in a separate thread just let me know, like i mentioned before i am still finding my way around the site

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
it has teken a bit of mind work for sure jus to find it, then find the owners and get permission, lots of little steps and now i can play ooot propa lyke, but ney pheasants

Note to self not to type in accent in future. I am a little concerned that i might not want to come back to my bricks and mortar as the weather is getting more like spring by the day, if mushrooms start popping all over as i am trying to leave there's another couple of days tagged on just taking photo's

Birch polypore, all pics are from last fortnight's visit to Scotland where everyman has free access to the land

index.php

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I love my Sundered brothers and sisters, no game where 22 men run after a ball to milk money from the masses clouding my life or who can be my friends and associates.

Helped i worked over that way a lot in my yooth and realised you lot were just as crazy as us lot and if we both head south not a soul can tell the difference between us unless very experienced at it, or, the rich mans game had you wearing a red and white and i wearing a black and white shirt both of the type of materials that would melt at the first floating spark from our fires that is.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE