Greenlight waterproof tinder now available.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
greenlight by fishfish_01, on Flickr

Greenlight waterproof tinder is now available,£4.99 per tin,each tin contains 10 waterproof tinder wafers,each having a burn time in excess of 9 minutes,plenty of time to light your hobo stove,kelly kettle,or camp fire.Greenlight waterproof tinder comes in a very handy re-usable screw top re-usable aluminium tin which when empty is good for all manner of bits and bobs and makes a perfect container for making your own char cloth.

to use simply tear, fluff and light with your ferro rod .

Greenlight waterproof tinder is only available from me,trade enquiries welcome.

Postage is uk mainland by courier for £3.20,

combined postage available.

pm me for more info and payment details.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
total of i tin with courier postage is £8.19 wafers are 60mm dia and 3mm thick approx,no extra charge on postage for more.

Mr.punch

Forager
Oct 15, 2012
somerset/devon border
Tried a piece of one of these in my biolite stove to see how good it was for starting pelleted wood, worked really well as the wax melted down into the pellets and started it very well. Also tested one with my ferro rod, just fluffed it up a bit by tearing it and it took a spark then burst into flame instantly well worth keeping some for those days when it is wet and no tinder is at hand. Light to carry too.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
^^^^^^^ Justin no longer sells them as they're easy enough to make yourself.

Have a look on Youtube for a simple how to video involving cotton wool rounds and melted candle wax. Don't make the mistake I did of overloading the pads with wax you need about a 60 cotton wool/40 wax mix I found that works best as you can still light the cotton wool and the wax keeps it going. Too much wax and it's a pain to get lit and stay alight.

shaneh

Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
That's a shame!

I had two tins a couple of years back and still have half a one left. With damp wood these are a godsend! A 1/4 pad gets almost anything going?
Oh well....
I'll have to do as you suggest and make a few myself.

Many thanks.

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
As said above, its really easy to make something similar. Cotton wool pads dipped into a mix of melted candle wax and petroleum jelly (Vaseline). Then just leave to set dry.
Hey presto:campfire:

KenThis

Settler
Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I use cotton balls, no problem with overloading with wax.
To use just break it open and fluff it up and hit with sparks, works like a dream and literally pennies each if you can get some cheap candles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE