Greenlandic Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt S

Aug 12, 2005
Hi folks,

I've just found this fantastic resource and signed in. I'm currently looking for some advice on the following:

For 5 years, I've worked and lived closely with the Inuit of East Greenland, undertaking many journeys, both by dog sled in winter and by foot and boat in summer. I help run an outfit that organises and guides on expeditions.

I have a great interest in both traditional and contempory indiginous survival skills and would love to run some related courses/expeditions there.

Can anyone advise me as to particularly exciting/successful established schools that I could approach to run such a project in conjunction with? It's very important to me that anyone involved has a deep respect for local culture and preferably some Arctic skills!

Any help appreciated, either posted here, or directly to my email.

Matt

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hi Matt,

You could do a lot worse than speak to Gary at Bearclaw Bushcraft, he runs some very good courses and is now branching out to more Arctic places. He ran a summer course in sweden last June and I know has plans for a winter course in Norway so he may well be interested in doing something in Greenland.

You can email him here: http://www.bearclawbushcraft.co.uk/home.htm

Failing that maybe talk to Johan of Nordic Bushcraft based actually in Sweden, he's very skiled with Arctic courses and often works very closely with Gary.

You can contact Johan here: http://www.nordicbushcraft.com/

Both of them are top blokes and really know their stuff in the northern parts of the world.

Good luck Mate.

Bam. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE