Green Strontium Aluminate - 100g - 300 mesh powder - Everlasting marker light etc.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Strontium Aluminate - 100 grams - 300 mesh powder - £9.70 including P&P.

An initial 10 lots of 100g for those who want to make their own everlasting nightlight, camp marker, gear marker etc.

Lasts waaaaaay longer than Zinc Sulfide, 12 hours at least. Much brighter, lasts forever and non-toxic. Most effective when the rod photo-receptor cells in your eyes are activated for night vision. Should be effective as a tent, shelter, hammock nightlight.

A bit of practical fun to try out and way cheaper than normal.

BACS or Paypal if you cover fees. Lead time will be a good few weeks.

Endless things you can do with it including add it to paint or make your own glow in the dark moldable Oogoo (Sugru) for your kit. On second thoughts, I'm not sure it works in Silicone due to the acid content but it works great in Epoxy.

http://www.uvpaint.co.uk/glowshop-cart-powder.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZarSTpkF2pw

This can be used in epoxy, varnish, latex, resin, vinyls, plastics etc., the 300 mesh powder is particularly good for this.

You get over 7x more for your money than the 1-2mm stuff in the initial GB post so the GB is swapping to this by popular demand. The boffins conservatively estimate this stuff will last more than 20 years, it doesn't wear out. This stuff even gets mixed into concrete to make the pavement glow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ83hX5Dng - Use in resin sand and stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1_E3K611k - As river rock

If your eyes are allowed to adjust to the dark then it is claimed it will glow all night.

The spec on this stuff is good, intensity at charge >10k mcd/m2, after 5mins >1k mcd/m2, after 30mins >200 mcd/m2 and levels off after one hour to about 100 mcd/m2.

1. Midnitehound 100g
2. Lavington 100g - paid cash
3. Monikieman 100g - address supplied - paid BACS -
4. Wayland 100g - address supplied - paid PP -
5. Russel96 100g - address supplied - paid PP -
6. Raskusdrotti 100g - address suppled - paid PP -
7. Ged 100g - address supplied - paid BACS -
8. Freelander 100g - address supplied - paid PP -
9. Nickliv 100g - address supplied - paid BACS -
10. Midnitehound 100g

Last edited:

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
I watched that vid and I am really tempted to give that a go! At least you could find your knife in the dark!
Thanks for organising this and look forward to getting the powder.
Russ

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know! You know what it is like...the little projects start to roll round your mind while you are waiting! Should be a good self birthday present as well!
Russ

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
The GITD powder is tracking well by DHL. Fingers crossed it is good stuff. The normal UK retail price for 100g with VAT and P&P of this stuff is 5x what we have paid.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
It has just this minute ago arrived. I'm just processing to see if we have got a good deal or not. ;) I'll weigh it for a start and then split it into the 10 portions. I'll get back to you with my assessment and progress.

Update: Well it glows! :D

I was perhaps being a little ambitious to say I'd supply 10 lots of 100g from 1000g! The primary bag has split in transit and some of the powder is unrecoverable from the bubble wrap padding and cellotape.

That said, everyone is getting 99g which weighs in, according to my digital scales, as 100g in the first containment bag.

I am bagging each lot of this stuff in three clear self-sealing bags. This is called Irish Bagging, to be sure to be sure to be sure! Sorry. Taxi!:sulkoff:

The third bag will have a wrap of cellotape and then I'll put it all in its outer shipping packaging.

May I suggest you are all a little cautious when opening the protective bags otherwise you are going to end up with a carpet that glows in the dark! If you are careful then you should be able to remove the first bag wrapped in cellotape and still have two bag layers to go.

This stuff is very fine. It degrades if used in acid so Epoxy is OK but I suspect Silicon Sealant is in fact not OK. It is not designed to mix in water, it will sink to the bottom. If used correctly it should last for a long long time without degrading.

Anyway, the GITD sherbet will be on its way to you soon. Don't snort it unless you want luminous bogies.

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Right, I have decided to ship in a DL Large Letter cardboard box which costs me a lot more than a bag but it is a much more secure way I think.

Whilst looking at all the wasted room and grams under the 250g cut off I thought I'd offer you some bits that would be post free and an absolute bargain.

4 of these for £2 total instead of 5 for £7.20! They are Military grade, not cheap rubbish.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyalume-6...ing_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item417b90dfce

They will be blue not yellow and classified at 8 hours, although the 30 minute yellow ones I have sold on the other group buy you could still read by 36 hours later!!!

And/or for £2, Shabat floating oil wicks which float on top of vegetable oil, presumably fresh or used, giving you candle light from a cheap convenient fuel source. I must say apart from being practical these are guaranteed fun and can also be used outdoors when camping etc. if sheltered sufficiently by a glass vessel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHABBOS-O...-/300546649145?pt=Candles&hash=item45f9f9ec39 (Like these)

I can get one or both of these in the box post free and you can just Paypal or BACS me. These are at cost and well below what you will pay normally, not even including shipping.

Let me know so I can get these posted out.

1. Midnitehound 100g
2. Lavington 100g - paid cash
3. Monikieman 100g - address supplied - paid BACS - Cyalumes and Floating Oil Lights - Paid BACS (Monday)
4. Wayland 100g - address supplied - paid PP - 2x Cyalumes - paid PP for extras
5. Russel96 100g - address supplied - paid PP - Just luminous bogey powder - post Saturday
6. Raskusdrotti 100g - address supplied - paid PP - 2x Cyalumes - paid BACS for extras
7. Ged 100g - address supplied - paid BACS - Just luminous bogey powder - post Saturday
8. Freelander 100g - address supplied - paid PP - Just luminous bogey powder because Wayland and Raskusdrotti had all the Cyalumes! :rolleyes:
9. Nickliv 100g - address supplied - paid BACS - Just luminous bogey powder - post Saturday

ALL POSTED - SHOULD BE WITH YOU MIDWEEK

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE