Strontium Aluminate Part 3!, the big green glow booger strikes back! 100g 300 mesh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
1. Midnitehound
2. Frank - cash - COLLECTED
3. FGYT - paid PP - address supplied - ARRIVED
4. FGYT - paid PP - Address supplied - ARRIVED
5. g4ghb - paid PP - Address supplied - ARRIVED
6. Rigel - paid BACS - Address supplied - ARRIVED
7. kungaryfu - paid - Address supplied - ARRIVED
8. Weewildycamper - paid - Address supplied - ARRIVED
9. redandshane-Address supplied - cash to pay - to collect
10 woodsmanjim. - paid BACS - Address supplied - ARRIVED

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Mine arrived yesterday, thanks for organising this mate. SWMBO opened the box and I was met by an accusing 'do you know what this is!?!?' :)

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
Fantstic kungaryfu!! Can I ask how you applied it? :)
I just mixed it with 2part epoxy adhesive (araldite or any similar brand wil do) and filled the holes i drilled with it. I sellotaped each end of the hole to keep the resin contained and it gives a glossy finish.
Hope this helps :)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Braw, thankyou so much - lots of help!! My aunt and I are trying to think so some creative ways to use it :)

Hot melt glue in a pan should also take it OK but keep it away from acids like silicon sealant. It isn't the waterproof version so don't drop it in H2O. It will be OK in thermoplastics.

I'm going to mix it with some melted glue sticks and spread it out to form a semi flexible lighting sheet.

Hot melt glue in a pan should also take it OK but keep it away from acids like silicon sealant. It isn't the waterproof version so don't drop it in H2O. It will be OK in thermoplastics.

I'm going to mix it with some melted glue sticks and spread it out to form a semi flexible lighting sheet.

Oooh, thankyou!! Looking forward to it already!! :) I'm sure we'll come up with a few ideas over a drink or two! ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
Ive also used it to fill in the thumbhole (spidyhole) in one of my folding knives to make it glow, and filled a few lanyard holes in my small fixed blades so icould see them in the dark..... I had some of the mix left over so i poured the remainder into the lid of a small parcel tube (the plastic end cap) and when dry i popped it free and it came out as a round disk about 2mm thick... I drilled a hole at one end and threaded a split ring through and use it as a keyring

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE