green corrugated roof

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I was up fort william way today, I noticed allot of roofing was a heavy duty green corrugated roofing material, most likley aluminium. It must be in massive sheets as I couldnt see a joint in it, its sort of boxed in its raised section and has 6" flats in its lower section!

It looked just the job for the roof of my laavu!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
B&q were doing some sheets in green but were made of a black rubber tar type material, I'm planning on using some

Done one with that myself, its OK but not particularly strong. You couldn't walk on it anyway.
When me and my mate did his garage we used sheathing ply, tyvek then that corrugated stuff.
That way when the corrugated stuff fails it can be replaced without the garage contents getting wet.

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Done one with that myself, its OK but not particularly strong. You couldn't walk on it anyway.
When me and my mate did his garage we used sheathing ply, tyvek then that corrugated stuff.
That way when the corrugated stuff fails it can be replaced without the garage contents getting wet.

Apparently you have to insulate new flat roofs on garages these days.

Bluezephyr

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Stratton
I've seen a garage roof covered with the B n Q roofing sheets. When they get hot in the sun they get very soft and if your spacings are too far apart with the wooden bearers underneath they will sag between them.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Apparently you have to insulate new flat roofs on garages these days.

Its got 50mm Kingspan under the sheathing ply and is better insulated than his house.
Besides its not a flat roof, its got a reasonable pitch cos given the choice I don't do flat roofs unless they get a Sarnafil covering.

Pretty much any other version of flat roof is in my humble opinion, crap and doesn't last.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE