Day Out Great winter day trip, half a meter of snow in Finland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 25, 2021
Finland
Hi all! This winter has been very good for the winter outdoor fun in Finland. We have had huge amounts of snow even in Southern Finland and the coastal areas. This was a nice day trip in the woods without skies. Coffee tastes always lovely under the spruce!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
What a wonderful video. Thank you. Nearly calm and warm enough to do some things bare-handed. Nice to see that you brought clean water and not melted snow. Looks like my place, it snowed most of last night (again.)
Would you consider trail-breaker snow shoes next time?

Feb 25, 2021
Finland
What a wonderful video. Thank you. Nearly calm and warm enough to do some things bare-handed. Nice to see that you brought clean water and not melted snow. Looks like my place, it snowed most of last night (again.)
Would you consider trail-breaker snow shoes next time?
Thank you for your comments! Snow was very fluffy, so trail-breaker snow shoes would have been very good idea!

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
Mahtava, niin kaunis maa! Missä Suomessa olet?

I studied in Nurmes for three months, I try to visit Finland every year to see friends in Helsinki and Ruokolahti. There’s something very magical about winter in Finland, I really miss it.

Feb 25, 2021
Finland
Moi!

I live and work in Southern Finland about 50kilometers to Helsinki. This video is filmed in Siuntio area. It is surprising in Finland how close to big Metropol area can be found large woods and peaceful environments. This Winter has been long and we were very lucky to have lots of snow also here in the south.

Nurmes - Koli has spectacular landscape. Eastern Finland lake district, Saimaa, Ruokolahti is paradise for paddlers! Here in southern Finland spring is coming and kayaking season is starting, finally. Can't wait!

Hope that borders are opening and we can travel!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE