Great forum! and way to much knowledge here for a single lifetime.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I live in upper east TN (USA) on the lee side of Roan Mountain (6208feet) while I'm at roughly 4000 feet (1219m). In front of me is a private lake 1.2 miles long and behind 200,000 acres of Nat. Forest where I go often to stroll amongst the hemlock, rhododendron, birch and beech. In this environment there is no excuse not to practice and occasionally live bushcraft.
Both daughters when young made their own debris huts and wiggled in, struck a ferro across steel, and either made a figure 4 or brass snares. My introduction to the 'life' was in Scouting and the Field Manual. As an avid hiker/backpacker (I've completed 1701.2 miles of the Appalachian Trail so far) I know that the more I know the less I have to carry. I hike or backpack every other week or live out of a sea kayak paddle camping (luckily I'm off every other week). I've been a member of the BushcraftUSA site for a while and while studying alternatives to synthetics found this site via linking and surfing to ventille.
I do appreciate British crafting and my favorite 'city' jacket is a Paramo Halcon...but as just alluded to I'm moving more and more away from synthetics and toward wool and yes maybe ventile in the future (personally love anoraks).
So thanks for the forum and the opportunity to learn together!
Robert

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi robert welcome to the forum from snowy wales great to have you on board happy newyear to you and yours regards dave

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Welcome to the forum! The search function never fails for me :). In fact I'm just on with making some Vinegaroon as I found the recipe courtesy of one of John's old posts!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE