Gransfors Froe sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Brand new gransfors froe for christmas - but it doesnt come with a sheath - so time to get creative.
wanted a sheath that would not only slip on the head whilst in use but one that i could knock the handle out and attach it to make it easier to store & pack.
Basically its an oblong sheath that straps behind the head with some loops on the side to strap the handle in. The handle is flared at one end which makes it easier to secure from slipping out.
The sheath is made from an oblong 180mm x 330mm
The eye strap is 200mm x 15mm
The three handle straps are 130mm x 15mm
and the handle end strap is 300mm x 15mm
that plus two snaps and 15 rivets is everything I used.

I wanted to keep it all riveted with no stitching so that anybody could do it with minimal equipment & skills.

The photos show the sequence and its very straightforward

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

The process is pretty simple but if anybody wants plans drop me a line and ill see what i can do

Cheers
Nick

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Hi Folks

Thanks for the comments

to answer in order
@ disconeil - Yes it my own design - fell free to copy if you wish
@ WeThePeoplexfbm - the froe is a tool used for splitting wood in the field - originally a bodgers tool it helps you control the direction of split but work quickly

Folks that asked for copies of the plan please be patient they arent finished yet and im off to the woods for the weekend - ill get them to you asap

cheers
Nick

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Don't think the OP has been on here for a good while; but that post is about as good and clear a plan as you could want, eh?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE