Gotta hit those charity shops.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
So far this week i've scored these.
A Heavy Mantaray Canvas rucksack..ok, maybe not the best colour but i'm sure if i want to i could drop some green dye in the wash hoping for a Brownish result.
rrp £30...bought for £3
rucky%20and%20hat_zps26lu1lbk.jpg

A Leather Land rover bush hat. New.
rrp £50...bought for £4
Land%20rover%20hat_zpsvs5nci7r.jpg

Laksen Hunting Jacket, in the washing machine as i type, (manky on the inside, outside perfect??)..The photo is not of the actual jacket, same Jacket though.

rrp, £250..bought for £3.50

Laksen%20Jacket_zpsuppftjgt.jpg

Laksen%20jacket%20back_zpsjutskfz0.jpg

and last but not least...Why i hear you ask?...Well you never know, I might be challenged to a Bongo off or invited to join Santana. :p
rrp...? bought for £9.50...
Just had to have the Bongo. real fur/hide..sounds ok to me. Got that bongo vibe going down. :cool:
Bongo_zps3vmtxvse.jpg

Also got a pair of craghopper trousers that dont fit £1.50...i'll lose weight. :rolleyes:

All this for just over £20...not bad for a week giving to Charity. Fair deal as far as i'm concerned.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ha! My Mum bought a handbag, for pennies a few years back. Turns out its worth $1750. True Story.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
nice scores man!

this is my lot over the last year-ish.

Rare, Gillette Coronation shaving set, bought for a fiver, sold for £50 to a Scottish shaving company!

Coleman gas bottle lantern. £5

Made in USA Wagner cast iron skillet girddle pan. £2

Coleman fuel lantern. £4..

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I know of a lad who bought an "unknown" guitar from a junk shop and when he took it for a setup the bloke stepped back. Turned out to be an original fender "nocaster"in good nick. Anyone that knows guitars will know the significance of the nocaster it's one of the rarest and most desirable guitars out there. Picked it up for £20!
Still has it as I understand
That being said I've picked up a Watkins Rapier33 and a wem 5th man from 2nd hand shops both for under £100

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I got a swanni ranger for £3.50 !, it didn't fit me(to small) so I sold it for what I paid for it to a member(Bernie Garland I think) over on bushcraft living.

Rob

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I know of a lad who bought an "unknown" guitar from a junk shop and when he took it for a setup the bloke stepped back. Turned out to be an original fender "nocaster"in good nick. Anyone that knows guitars will know the significance of the nocaster it's one of the rarest and most desirable guitars out there. Picked it up for £20!
Still has it as I understand
That's the dream find we all seek. unfortunately Charity is becoming big business. Most now do research when they are not sure of a item. you can still find those bargains mind you. just not as common as it used to be.

I have had a few high end items (£100-£200) in my hand then stuck them back on the shelf until i did some research. only to go back and the item is gone. Helps if one knows about antiques.

Best bet is car booty's nowadays. Some people will set up a stall and walk about looking for the bargains/antiques before the punters arrive though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE