Just a Heads up

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Thats why these and the rest like them aren't issued anymore. There fully waterproof, not advertised as breathable. Like if you wore a tarp over you the sweat you make wont have anywhere to go. These were made long before Goretex and the like existed, before them it was ponchos being used. Its not really the fault of the jacket it was apparently not bad when it was first issued.

Tonyuk
As i've said, it has it's uses, ie, standing around in the rain. Just not ideal for when you need to exert yourself...I'll still wear it, but i'll keep it in my bag for when i stop all physical activities.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I didn't like to say when this was originally posted that they were carp, you were so happy with your bargain. They were the same material as the Navy's old style foulie and they were pants too. You got wet but only from the inside, breathable they were not. In the Navy the only people that wore the green ones were the FOST inspection team, the sight of a green foulie usually had you turning a corner lest they ask you an awkward question. The navy ones were, surprisingly, navy blue but the hood was a lot more elaborate and unnecessary. They changed them out 2005/2006 for 'goretex' ones which are a lot better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE