gothic dagger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Hellize,
Are you familiar with Monty Python and the Holy Grail? A wonderful portrayal of medieval life :D

Due to language, I won't post the vid here, but go look at Youtube and search for "Monty Python-Bring out your dead!" [h=1][/h]

Sure I am! I consider their movies as classics! :D

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Every time I go to France, I can smell the difference.

Do I win the blade? Nice work, has some theatre. Would work on Wild Boar too.

Hmm... never been to France. So you suggest I could find the country solely by odor? :D
Sorry, there is nothing to win here...

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Nice dagger though I prefer my Scottish Dirk myself. What would I miss?

Well not penicillin for one, I am allergic to it. I could manage without electricity, but without the internet, well I would miss that.

Yeah, those are nice little fellows too! :)
Well, I am allergic to all kinds of grass, so I would have to travel back till the Jurassic era, to get rid of those ;)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Back on the dagger, how did you create the fuller down the blade? Also, what were all the materials. Clearly leather for the grip, but what did you use for the blade and guard? Did you go fully old school with assembly, or did you use some epoxy. I remember seeing a video on neotribal metal work, and they were using mixtures of pitch and dry deer droppings for "glue". Very ingenious, although I think I would struggle not to reach for the modern two-part adhesive.

Really sorry you have a grass allergy. Major bummer.

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Back on the dagger, how did you create the fuller down the blade? Also, what were all the materials. Clearly leather for the grip, but what did you use for the blade and guard? Did you go fully old school with assembly, or did you use some epoxy. I remember seeing a video on neotribal metal work, and they were using mixtures of pitch and dry deer droppings for "glue". Very ingenious, although I think I would struggle not to reach for the modern two-part adhesive.

Really sorry you have a grass allergy. Major bummer.

Yeah, it sure is! :( I spend the whole summer munching claritine :D
The blade is 5160, the metal accessories are iron. The handle is made of leather disks laced onto the dagger's tang and also glued together, as you suspected. ;)
The fuller is ground with my angle grinder.
All in all I have cheated quite a lot :D

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hard to say when you really think about it. I don't want to mention any food per se because they're all older than that (although some of the recipes might be more modern; like fried chicken)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Tacos with a soft shell have been around sat least a millennia. Soft tortillas were both a food and the eating utensil of the natives (just hold the tortilla and scoop up whatever other food with it) Although it obviously wasn't beef until the Spaniards arrived.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE