Got out for lunch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dchinell

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2004
Sarasota, Florida, USA
Lunchtime found me sitting in my hammock, out in the little wood behind the building where I work. It's winter in Florida, and I was braving temperatures in the low sixties (F).

I boiled water from a 58 pattern waterbottle, using a Crusader cooker and mug that I learned about from this site. Isn't the internet strange and wonderful?

The cooker did really well. I just put methanol right in the burner. It actually seemed to do better when I turned the opening into the wind. Still, it would be nice to find a stove that fit into that little well.

I boiled the water and poured it into the plastic cup, added some instant coffee, then mixed up some foil-packaged chicken and seasonings in the metal pot. I had lots of water left over to wash up with after lunch.

Then I lay back in the hammock and listened to the trees awhile before taking down camp and heading back to work.

Bear

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey! Good for you my friend....I wish I could do the same but the canal behind where I work is so polluted I'd not want to go near it!

It's nice that you can take time out and chill....then head back to the rat race!

:super:

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Awww Bliss, what a nice way to break the day up. I bet the afternoon went quicker.
Thanks for sharing that Bear. :biggthump Glad you find the site useful :wink:

Cheers
Rich

jakunen

Native
Think we should all petition our relevant places of work to put a couple of trees in the grass/car park so we can have a stress free zone at work. I'm sure we'd all be far more productive...

if they could find us!:rolmao:

Well done mate. I'm not jealous...No! Honestly!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
TAZ said:
well done. it must of been tempting to stay there a lot longer..

That would be my problem... Shut the eyes and wake up cold and in darkness :rolmao: (and in trouble with da boss) :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE