Got my bike back!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
I got my bike out today :D It has rained enough to wash off most of the salt on the roads so you don't have to clean for 5-10 hrs to get it off. Now for riding time. :D :D :D

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Thats funny that you guys are happy to get your maschines out for the summer, But I just had to put my snow-maschine away for the summer. :( I love snow and its going all away here :( :( . But well, canoing time is coming :) :) :)

cheers
Abbe

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I've just been getting my bike ready. Just a bicycle as opposed to motorised, but I'm looking forward to getting on it again.

Just need to do some major degreasing, oiling and generally trying to get it roadworthy after languishing in a friend's garage for a couple of years. Good fun!

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I got mine out last weekend when I went down to visit a couple of mates staying in a wood overnight.
I hope this summer is better than last for bike weather!!!!

My bike has an Ali frame Marts so if I ride it in the winter when there's salt about and on the roads it basically just eats it's way through my bike :( Hence I don't ride it. It's also just to powerful and too fast to be used safely in the wet :(
So yes I'm a fair weather rider....but not by choice! lol ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Fireblade is it Bam?

Fair enough though - I was only teasing. I only ride all year because the alternative would be 5 hours a day commuting in a car across London. Don't even know if riding in London can really be classed as riding anyway :rolleyes:

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
bambodoggy said:
I got mine out last weekend when I went down to visit a couple of mates staying in a wood overnight.

My bike has an Ali frame Marts so if I ride it in the winter when there's salt about and on the roads it basically just eats it's way through my bike :( Hence I don't ride it. It's also just to powerful and too fast to be used safely in the wet :(
So yes I'm a fair weather rider....but not by choice! lol ;)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

???? :confused: :rolleyes:

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
I ride a Fireblade, When I was learning to ride my instructor always said that the throttle works both ways (especially in wet conditions). :eek:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've seen quite a few people out with bikes here in Wales, I need t get mine back on the road. GL 1100 plane jane - unfaired (SP?) I do miss it. I used to ride it the whole year round......Umm, get it back on the road, get it back on the road :D

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
bambodoggy said:

My bike has an Ali frame Marts so if I ride it in the winter when there's salt about and on the roads it basically just eats it's way through my bike :( Hence I don't ride it.

ACF50.jpg
;)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Yer, that's right Marts, a Fireblade indeed :D

I used to ride my old Zephyr all year round but despite the products available to help reduce corrosion (thanks Demo :) ) I'd still rather not take my bike out on salty roads.

And yes, the throtle does work both ways but I like to ride my bike hard and fast....it's what I got it for and I can't safely do that on public roads in the wet...it's just not safe for me or other road users.....if I want to bimble about slowly I use my pushbike ;) lol

Cheers,

Bam. :)

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I used to ride all year around, but as you say, London isn't exactly riding, it's just surviving! But I've done enough if that and don't have to now, so what's the point? The roads here in the Cotswolds get proper icy in the winter, not a good idea to ride a lightweight torquey big twin...

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Haven't had a motor bike since I sold my Harley in the mid 80s. Keep up the motorcycle endorsement on my license - just in case. Have been considering getting a pedal bike - since my oldest sonreturned to the area and claimed his. Good way to stay in shape.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE