got me a terry for the winter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
He's done well to keep the weight up like that :D.............or maybe you've done well keeping him well enough that he could :D :approve:

atb,
M

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Would be great if you could hire one for your garden :) I always have a nightmare with slugs and other crop destroyers.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Would be great if you could hire one for your garden :) I always have a nightmare with slugs and other crop destroyers.

In many areas they are absent, but could happily be re-established.
You could maybe contact the Mrs Tiggiewinkle society (or something like that ) and volunteer to set up an over Winter safe spot, etc., if they'd pass on one or two of the juveniles they'd cared for over winter.
There are injured but healed ones needing safe places too. Like three legged dogs and cats, they do recover and just get on with life.....they'll still munch the slugs and worms :)

Noisy little things as they crash through the leaf litter though; gave me a heck of a start one night when I was sleeping in the garden (scorcher of a Summer day, incredibly hot and muggy night, I gave up trying to sleep indoors and just crashed on the garden lounger thingie) I hadn't a clue what it was at first, was a bit worried that it was the badger, tbh, but it was just a hedgehog rooting about under the bird table.

cheers,
M

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Really well done to you for caring about the little fella.

I must see flattened hogs almost every day on my rural commute and it upsets me to see so many of them get killed. The parasite on the earth that is mankind is doing enough to destroy their habitats without running them over as well.

Respect.

goodjob

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
In many areas they are absent, but could happily be re-established.
You could maybe contact the Mrs Tiggiewinkle society (or something like that ) and volunteer to set up an over Winter safe spot, etc., if they'd pass on one or two of the juveniles they'd cared for over winter.
There are injured but healed ones needing safe places too. Like three legged dogs and cats, they do recover and just get on with life.....they'll still munch the slugs and worms :)

Noisy little things as they crash through the leaf litter though; gave me a heck of a start one night when I was sleeping in the garden (scorcher of a Summer day, incredibly hot and muggy night, I gave up trying to sleep indoors and just crashed on the garden lounger thingie) I hadn't a clue what it was at first, was a bit worried that it was the badger, tbh, but it was just a hedgehog rooting about under the bird table.

cheers,
M

That would be great but i fear the poor thing would just be tortured by my little 2 year old, not to mention a daft staffie.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
Just come across this thread, what a terrific read and finger crossed for a happy ending. Well done indeed for the rescue and nursing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE