Got a hankering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forager
Sep 25, 2013
Scotland
www.instagram.com
different
what do you like bout it?
The build quality and tolerances. It's really smooth and the most solid lock up I've ever seen. It's pushed out my spyderco Southard and Sebenza Small 21 for most carry time. I do still occasionally carry a GEC slipjoint if I'm going to be somewhere that's super public. I also carry a Leatherman Surge every day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
for a new edc pocket knife
what's currently ticking the boxes for you as your day to day pocket knife?
So UK EDC Pocket knife...meaning sub-3 inch non-locking? That has always been my interpretation of that description.

Boker Plus Techtool 1
Viper Dan 2
Lionsteel Best Man

Boker and Lionsteel are fairly traditional looking, do not look big for the blade length (unlike the Spyderco UKPK, which is great, but looks larger than it is). Both have good blade steel, although the Lionsteel is much better the price reflects this. Modern handle materials, screw construction for cleaning.

The Viper Dan2 is a bit odd, but the handle is more comfortable, being larger, than the other two, and the continuous curved blade works well for whittling, once the angle has been reduced a bit from factory standard.

I like that the first two have pocket clips, wish the Lionsteel had a clip or at least a lanyard to help withdrawal from an pocket sheath.

Chris

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Higonokami knife

Got one a couple of months ago and really enjoy it. Super simple peasent type knife bit of history about it and quite classy looking imo.
Fits in your jeans ticket pocket and also a few models to choose from.

Blade needs a little work from new but mi e was the cheaper one

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The Heinnie Haynes red Spyderco UKPK has been in my pocket since it arrived.

F98-F38-D2-8-C67-4615-B391-E4626-F69-DF67.jpg

Reactions: gra_farmer and CLEM

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
B3C8CA76-08F1-446C-92CC-06DF39E50D5E.jpeg

I’ve been carrying the Heinnie wasp a lot lately.
Strong back spring, perfectly machined blade and generously sized handle for a 3 inch slippy.
The S90V is the standout though - keeps a keen edge yet responds surprisingly well to a quick strop.
It’s also been getting soaking wet without too much in the way of staining, aside from a couple of small marks.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Its the never ending search.. Of recent,

TBS but its too heavy and lumpy.
Swisstool but cant justify outside of work.
Always the leatherman Juice but its not pretty, the knife is functional at best but the tools make up for it.
Ye ole faithful original UKPK gets a regular look-in.
Recently purchased one of these but really not sure as of yet. Were still bonding https://www.heinnie.com/crkt-ceo-heinnie-haynesr-edition

I think I still yearn for a WH Legacy but yet to find one.

I dont think there will ever be one to rule them all sadly. Although I enjoying looking for one,

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
At the moment a Spyderco clipit with bottle opener/screwdriver is what I am most likely to have in my pocket at all times.

Its the never ending search.. Of recent,

TBS but its too heavy and lumpy.
Swisstool but cant justify outside of work.
Always the leatherman Juice but its not pretty, the knife is functional at best but the tools make up for it.
Ye ole faithful original UKPK gets a regular look-in.
Recently purchased one of these but really not sure as of yet. Were still bonding https://www.heinnie.com/crkt-ceo-heinnie-haynesr-edition

I think I still yearn for a WH Legacy but yet to find one.

I dont think there will ever be one to rule them all sadly. Although I enjoying looking for one,
i keep lookin at the tbs boar in antler
and the ceo

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
GEC, but then I am a gentleman of a certain age, also they look great, in a traditional, even retro way.
They hold a great edge and are very well made. No sensible cop is going to bat an eyelid should you have to turn out your pockets ( in my case, of my Barbour Tarras bag ). Sub 3, none locking, antler scales, like something your grandad would have carried.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE