Goodbye World - New movie just for the preppers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Just spotted this...

[video=youtube;nX8daCjqtNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX8daCjqtNo[/video]

In short, the USA falls apart because of a computer virus. A bunch of yuppies head to the home of their mate who had previously decided to live off the grid in Northern California.

Will it be any good? Probably not. However some valuable lessons just from the trailer...

Don't build your cabin to survive the end of the world in a place where the locals don't like you.
Don't build your solar power equipped cabin with a basement full of food in a place where the military authorities might think "we should put out headquarters here".
Maybe don't tell your yuppie mates where you live when you pack in the rat race to live of the grid and survive the end of the world as we know it.

:)

Last edited:

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Felt much the same the first time I watched it Red but a second viewing adjusted me to its pace and it is the seeming trivia that makes it much more real. After all in a PA situation what would you know of what was happening elsewhere?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You just have to love H.E.Bates, he wrote some great stuff; a man with an instinctive understanding of the old country ways. I can thoroughly
recommend the My Uncle Silas series of short stories, well worth the effort to get hold of, or go to the library if you still have one!

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
John Fenna - hat off to you. Tremors! One of those great moments when something comes on the telly, you have no idea what it is and you are very pleasantly surprised.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE