good spots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
How 'fresh' a water supply will deer drink from?
Well what I mean is there is a stagnant pool near to were I see deer and I haven't seen many tracks near to the water but I think they are passing by it. Will most animals drink from fairly stagnant water? The pool is run off from a quarry and it exits the quarry as a small stream so the area is fairly boggy, my question is posed as I am thinking of holing up near to the 'possible' water supply as the other terrain is difficult to approach them without scaring them off.
Thanks D

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well I think I will answer my own question......there doesn't seem to be any drinking from the pool.
Went for an hour half at sunset last night went down wind where I see them quietly nothing....... walked further down up wind made loads of noise (accidently) nothing just about to go and a helicopter came over and scared out the deer that I was staring straight at but couldn't see!!! Absolutly brilliant but convinces me even more I need better bino's that work in low light as I ended up walking out in the dark. :lmao:
Wish I could post pic's but way too dark to even try.
Dave
Do you ever wish you hadn't watched Blair Witch Project!!! :eek:

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
tommy the cat said:
Do you ever wish you hadn't watched Blair Witch Project!!! :eek:

Sometimes :) especialy since I read about Baba Yaga.

Note to self : always carry some blue roses when about in unfamiliar woods... you never know when you might need directions and the only person to answer you is an old lady in a mortar passing by :theyareon

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I suppose it could be a new thread really should you really watch ' Most haunted' before going out into the woods on your own at night? :theyareon
Tis bad enough worrying about nutters not alone astral beings. :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE