Good quality monocular ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

billybob0987

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
Eastbourne
i just bought one on ebay, it was under £10 with the postage, has 15 to 55 magnification, and seems pretty robust, size is about 5 inches long and about inch and a quarter wide and comes with a belt pouch so good for carry, it als o has a tripod mount screw hole on it, so if you could knock up a walking stick prop type of thing, havent tried it outdoors yet, but it seems to work alright, it has a large focusing coller so its relatively easy to focus, i will probably try it out later today

this is the one i got
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270762097...id=m570.l2736&_nkw=270762097934&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
Just thought that I would throw into the mix the Wilko's own monocular, I picked one up at my local Wilko's for just under £6 and is sound.

Here it is..

Lightweight and compact, rubber coated for protection, rose coated optics, 10xmagnification with 25mm lens. Comes in its own carry case with belt loop and hook/loop fastening flap.

Good enough for a punt!

HTH

Sean

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
I have the The Opticron Trailfinder II 10x25 monocular - cheap and cheerful, small, grabable and lovely. My partner in crime has the Opticron 8x30 Waterproof Monocular which is better but of course, bigger and heavier n pricier.

For something small, well built and decently priced I would go for mine over his "better kit" any day. I'm big on lightweight though ;-)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I recently bought one of these

http://www.opticron.co.uk/Pages/gallery_scope.htm

Not cheap at £65 but it is also a microscope and came with a case and a few accessories.

Gallery Scope Kit300.jpg

Very good bit of kit as all the cheap ones I have used in the past were not so good in low light whereas this on is better.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I've also been on the lookout for a good quality monocular. I've a couple of pairs of cheap 10x25 binos that are ok but they don't seem to let as much light in as they could be be as clear as they could so I'd like a better quality monocular.

I've been looking at the Luger MZ 5-15*17 but just a little concerned the 17mm objective lens is a bit too small, zlashdot how do you find the image quality?

Aug 6, 2014
ny
I've also been on the lookout for a good quality monocular. I've a couple of pairs of cheap 10x25 binos that are ok but they don't seem to let as much light in as they could be be as clear as they could so I'd like a better quality monocular.

I've been looking at the Luger MZ 5-15*17 but just a little concerned the 17mm objective lens is a bit too small, zlashdot how do you find the image quality?

**http://www.mayershops.com/hd-adjustable-16x52-monoculars-66m8000m-p-118.html**

Hey, you may have a look at this one I bought for my husband 3 weeks ago. He said it is wonderful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE