Good paperwork management

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Ditched the cds years ago and replaced them with Spotify. Praise the god Marie Kondo.
My wife is doing this, and made me join her Kondo'ing things, so she got to a point in her last pregnancy, where she Kondo'ed friends....i am still hoping I will not have the same fate....

Last edited:
Reactions: TLM and Toddy

Jeff Edwards

Jul 9, 2018
West Midlands
I am in the process of sorting out an HMRC computer demand for over £220 for an entiteled refund paid 3 years ago for the tax year 2016 17 and without the papers I would have no chance of proving them wrong.
HMG tax I am definately keeping for over 5 years as this is not the first computer issue with them.

Reactions: Robbi

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
At work our quality system has a defined record time for obsolete documents and records. Basically records like orders, invoices, etc get listed and a timescale for storing it along with responsibility for maintaining it. Fortunately directors get responsibility for everything even if they heavily delegate!!

IIRC financial records get 7 years. No idea why because that decision was historical and before my time there. I personally have very simple finances really so my records aren't significant and easily stored. I usually keep 5 years but will probably have some from even earlier.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE