Good lightweight kit supplier

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I have no connection to this supplier.

I recently started to lighten my kit and found this site.

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/home.html

Their prices are very competitive and their service is second to none,they post everything free but you can specify a quicker postage method at cost.If it's on the site ,it's in stock or you'll see a message stating that it isn't available.
You get an e-mail to say your order is being processed and then another to say when it's been dispatched.
I ordered some dehydrated meals on Friday hoping that it would be here the next day and recieved a phone call from Sue asking if I wanted it to arrive saturday morning.It cost a little bit extra to have it sent next day delivery ,but it arrived on time.Everythuing is well packed and they don't make mistakes.You get exactly what you pay for and you get it quickly.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Try backpackinglight.co.uk or hike-lite too. The first one is rather special too. Also Winwoods outdoors is supposedly good too but they have had some bad reports over stock levels so a quick call before ordering might be adviseable.

For food try outdoorgrubuk (I think that is the main part of the website adress. Not sure if .com or .co.uk though. He's a guy who frequents outdoors forums and blogs a bit IIRC. He set up his own company because there wa an opportunity for a source of a variety of manufacturers of dried backpacking food. Also has a website for expeditions and larger groups or big purchases for long trips.

There is a company online called fruizon I think who make and sell their own freeze dried foods cooked and dried by them and their own chef too.

Or martinsjerkedmeat is anothe company / website that makes some interesting jerkys, dried meats and fruit strips. They do a lot of game ones too such as venison, rabbit and even goat!! Good flavourings too such as worcestershire source, tennesse bourbon, chilli flavours too. IF I had a paypal account I'd get some.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Yup! use all of them too,but the best service award goes to ultralightoutdoorgear because of the free postage.It's the little things that count.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Alpkit too. Ordered 13:48 on Monday got standard delivery (free) it arrived 10:32 Tuesday by RM. My only complaint was that I was expecting it Wednesday and I missed out on that excitment I get when I wake up in the morning and go to work knowing that my new gear will be delivered that day to work where I get everything delivered. I really like that feeling of expectation.

kasakaa

Jun 23, 2010
England
I can second AlpKit - great kit and service. I've had to return one item too, and found them very helpful and straight forward.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Seconded for ultra light outdoor gear.

They measured up some equipment before purchase to make shure it fitted together snugly, and exchanged an item 'no quibble' that i wasn't happy with. they also answered all -e-mails within an hour or two during opening hours.

Alpkit where also very helpful as mentioned.

Just my HO. TBL.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'll third Ultralight outdoor gear and also Winwood-outdoor. Both have given me good service so far.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I did think this would be a backpackinglight.co.uk thread when i saw the title - nice to see there is health competition out there

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I've bought kit from both Backpackinglite and Ultralite. Top service from both. Backpacking light is run by Bob Cartright who invented the Honey Stove which is used by many bushcrafters on this forum. Bob also makes interesting podcasts checkout the website for links.

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
A fourth or fifth for ultralightoutdoor gear (I lost count lol), I use them monthly, and never get any problems at all. Not to mention their free postage.

I do use backpackinglight.co.uk once or twice a year, but even with the free pack of sweets they put in an order, the free postage of Ultralightoutdoorgear get my custom more often.

I use winwoods, and hike light too, and find them both OK.

For buckles, webbing and accessories, I use 'quest outfitters' in the USA. They have all kinds of wonderful things, and their postage is very cheap too.

For more common items/accessories, I use 'point north'

Last but not least, there is Alpkit as others have said. This is a great little company who have good products at low prices, plus they run competitions for design and have a funny newsletter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE