Good knife for bushcraft and carving etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Deano3

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2012
Newcastle
Hi i have been lurking and asking questions for a while then i went to brockwell woods in october and was great but very cold lol i really want to get out more next year and really get into this hobby and learn, i also have a baby due in january so would love to take when he grows but i want to know what i am doing, i own a gerber lmf ii but was looking for a knife for carving spoons and a good but not expensive general knife more towards carving spoons and preparing food etc heard great things about the mora knife and its only tenner on some sites is this a great knife ?

thanks dean

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Iv got loads of knives mate, some that are pretty pricey, but for some reason I keep turning the my mora clipper, they are great knives and do everything you will need it to do in bushcraft.
I'm sure there is a lot of people on here that would agree that you can't go wrong with a mora, it performs as good if not better than expensive knives.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
yeah can only agree, a great couple of knives I have both and they ahve been good to me, for a general "abuse all" knife you can not beat the mora, cheap as well.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
FYGT is right if you already have a heavier knife in the shape of a Gerber you want something a bit finer for detailed carving work the Mora carvers are fantastic knives and will compliment your Gerber very well Keeping them sharp is the skill

Here is a 105 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mora-105-Wo...3IUO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355440099&sr=8-2

and here is a clipper http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clipper-840...sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1355440234&sr=1-1
That should get you started very nicely indeed
For spoons you will probably want a spoon knife Unusually the Moras straight out of the box are not the best but can be modded easily to work better
Welcome to spoon world

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE