Good instant coffee.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I use Rombouts Ethiopian Moka Sidamo Ground Coffee and a smart cafe mug as recommended by Kepis in another thread. I dont see the need to use an instant if you have a compact cafetiere system :)

18172_2.jpg

31qACgzaQPL._SS500_.jpg

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
I raided my local tescos for the starbucks sachets, the tin is tempting going by the sachet taste its better than both kenco 3-1 and nescafe.
Will try them with the milkstix to complete the trusty brew kit.

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
Saw on hotukdeals an offer for Starbucks, 2x227g for £5 but aparently the best bit is each pack also has a voucher for a free latte so if you like visiting Starbucks you could technically say the coffee is free and only buying the latte in advance ;-)
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sta...-each-plus-free-tall-latte-with-every-1199579

That aside I found the Tesco budget ground coffee surprisingly good, normally grind my own though.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Instant coffee is fine - if you run short of the real thing!
Rat Pack coffee is an OK drink ... just do not think of it as coffee and you are fine :D

A good view to hold Mr Fenna, same as instant white tea...don't think of it as tea and you have an OK drink.

We've had 'Tactical' tagged on to all sorts of kit, now its seems 'Barista' is supposed to have worth when it comes to making a brew (barista means something like 'barman' IIRC) lol.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've found a new coffee which is ticking all the boxes, a bit pricey but about the best instant I've tried yet ...

http://www.percol.co.uk/black-beyond.html

I think I paid about £3.80 in Morrisons

Hmmm... I may have to go find the Morrisons that's most local to me and get some.

I tried Millicano and thought what the hell was the hype about it more a case of :yuck: so I told the wife she can have it whilst my search carries on.

Edit... Oh. apparently it's on special offer, £3.00 for 100grm at Sainsburys until the 12/11 and £2.59 at Waitrose until December :)

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I really like Lyons coffee bags, individually packed tea bag type things filled with ground coffee

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Apparently coffee is more expensive there than I remembered. I pay (for better grade coffees) about $4 per pound of grounds.

It's not really that much different. I pay £8 for a kilo of beans (the same for ground) of a decent espresso blend, which works out around $5.45 per pound. More than your price - but still much lower than 25 pence per cup. Premium coffee can go way higher than that though.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That sounds more like what I remembered. It was some of the prices on this thread that threw me.

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
I use an Esbit coffee maker with my favourite coffee, makes an amazing cup of coffee with what ever you like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE