Good haul of items - Old parafin stove, antler and other bits..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo,

I scored a few neat bits and bobs the other day while visiting someone who was clearing out some stuff. I obliged, obviously! ;)

And my father in law did some treasure hunting of his own and brought me a rusty old stove to fix up.

Now I have a rather nice antler, enough for a good long knife handle, tines and plenty for buttons etc. A really nice thick leather vintage handbag, technically a ladies bag, but as I'm a bit of a lard ar5e it doesn't fit around my shoulders.. but does fit around my waist! leather side bag. :D

A scuba knife.. looks pretty cool, and functional. Probably killed a few people but I'm sure it'll scrub up. And lastly thr stove.

It's made in England by a brand called Parasene. Never heard of them, but I had a nose online and they still make stoves and stuff. It definitely needs a new seal thing in the pressure pump thing and a good wire brushing to get the flaky rust off. Anyone have any idea how I might get a new seal thing and how to sort it out??

Now I need to think of some projects for the antler and maybe have a look at dying the bag a dark brown rather than the tan colour it is.

Got a pair of vintage brass Harley Davidson belt buckles for my collection and some little old knives of no particular worth.

Not a bad score!

Time to have a think what to start with as I have a load of projects left unfinished.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Cheers guys, and dragon32 I was only going to brush the rusted steel parts not the brass body. Or would that still be a no no..?

Also the leather bag is really firm, it looks like it may be soft in the picture but it's not, it's like 2.5mm veg tan! lol

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You can brush the steel parts but keep clear of the brass body and burner. Looks like a British stove, made in Birmingham by one of several companies that operated there for many years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE