Good Friday fishing trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
As my father dropped by on his way south we decided to go on a fishing trip to Vatnet, a nearby lake. Even though spring is a month away the temperature was good and our spirits high. We had never fished (on the ice) in this part of the lake before, but we knew that the area had nice sand beaches with possibilities of inhabiting Arctic char.
My father drilling the first hole. We drilled about 15 holes on several locations.

21064406.jpg

Below my father looking for fish while also fishing. We call it "peek fishing".

21280488.jpg

Our camp on the ice. We found plenty of firewood on land and soon we had our coffe brewed. It is nothing like coffee in the woods, or in this case on the ice.

21280357.jpg

This is what we saw trough the ice....nothing.
21280634.jpg

We didn`t catch any nor see any fish. We moved about in a large area but it seemed the lake was empty (I know from experience it isn`t though:) ).
I was talking to a work mate the other day and he told me that the char don`t use these banks in spring. But what the he**. We had some great 5-6 ours outdoors.

Tor

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Great post and pics, its great to see snow and ice again,have to say its been rather mild and dry here for quite abit, particularly like the peeking through the ice pic!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE