Good day one and all..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RRIris

Jul 12, 2013
East Midlands
Just a quick hello from annother newbie.

Not been into bushcraft for too long. I've just recently started looking into it in on any serious level. I've had a couple of outings with friends recently, not quite living entirely off of the land so to say but it was a start. I've purchased myself a good quality fire steel, some 550 paracord, a Gerber knife and some waterstones.

Today I put my knife to the sharpening stones for the first time, I've cut myself a wedge to 20 degrees to use as a rough guide. I'm not nearly 100% happy with the edge I got but for a first attempt it's not too bad really. I've watched dozens of videos on Youtube and read countless posts on various forums about sharpening but today I decided it was finally time to man up and try and put back a sharp edge that I removed over my two little camping trips.

I won't ramble on too much, I've joined up here to basically find some inspiration and to gain advice and knowledge from those who are more skilled than myself in many skills, mainly waterstone sharpening and knifecraft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE