Good catapult recommendation?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
hmmm there are a few others out there- I've got a couple of DanKung ones, but they are pretty pricey for what they are, and i wouldnt really be able to hunt with them I think- they just don't seem to have the oomf!, they are just plinkers for fun really....

I've got a Fish Hunter, but have never been able to get on with it tbh, the grip is a bit small for me the John Webb ones seem a lot more ergonomic, as soon as I have some spare cash I'll be having myslef a pocket rocket 3! John has a few vids up on his facebook fanpage- he pops a disposable lighter on the second shot from over 100 feet with one

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
Yup I'd go Theraband Gold all the way, its good stuff and fitting isn't so hard. Not as easy as the tubes but there you go.

I'd also make my own, cutting a marine ply board up isn't that hard, shapes can be found all over the internet. If you fancied an even easier build take a look at the buffalo walking stick tops sold on ebay, they're 90% a catapult already and I've never had such a great catapult than my buffalo/Theraband.

Edit: JoergSprave is badass, that guy reminds me of that dude from The Shield but a complete Catapult nut job. He's made a LOT of catapults and experimental designs which he tests extensively. His wife could easily crush my head between two hands too, she's ripped.

Last edited:

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Had a few customs, still have one left and I have had one of Fish's hunters which was OK but a major chore swapping the bands if they go whilst out which was no good for me.

Barnett Strike nine now for me all the way, cheap as and stick the power bands and you're away. If they break whilst out you can swap them in seconds with nothing more than something bladey and some spit.

Aaron Rushton

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2011
S. Wales
i have a gamekeeper johns cattapult pocket rocket 3 and its great, very compact and ergonomic. there was a rip in the bands and he replaced them for me free of charge. the only problem is i've managed to snap the bands he replacee .not happy with the resilliance of theraband gold.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I just got my first pocket rocket 4 from Gamekeeper and its a really nice looking TWEEK, its also got nice long bands on it so if you like a full draw its probably the bad boy for you. My pal has a DanKung cougar " but it weighs a ton" a Barnet strike 9 "good grip, cheep, and very under rated " a PR4,witch he admits is the best looking tweek by far but he still prefers to shoots his Fish ergo, If you want power its got to be the Theraband Gold Flat bands,
For me personally the Chef AJ with Barnett red magnum bands, but mainly because I shoot hamer grip, but once I get use to the PR4 and all that power, who knows.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE