Golok machete sheath with stained glass window version 2! And i've had enough!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...went back to drawing board...made several adjustments and attempted a whole new dye-job.....if you could all have a whip-round i'd like a pro-sewing machine for xmas please lololol! honestly my fingers are now so sore its quite freaky....half of my thumb has peeled off from blistering, theres now no thumbprint and i've been trying to think up money-making crimes i could commit using only my thumb so i can afford a sewing machine and leave no trace.....suggestions wanted please....and sheath-criticism too! hope you like....if not i quit!

GOLNEW2LOW.jpg

GOLNEW4LOW.jpg

GOLNEW3LOW.jpg

GOLNEW1LOW.jpg

and heres the first one again....

GOL5.jpg

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Dude that is one of the best sheaths i've ever seen!! I think a smaller version would sell like hot cakes!! get on it and the proceeds can buy the sewing machine you need lol

I'd have one in a heart beat

Dave

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
looks great bud, dont buy a sowing machine bud, i have thought about it so many times, but then your work is commercial not handmade, and thats what put me of, i could get one if needed, but my work would not be the same if i did that.
having your fingers hurt is what its all about, your work will just look like all the other mass produced tat if you go down that rout.
take care.
lee.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
thanks for the compliments! yup i agree of course.....BUT....hurts not quite right.....sorta trampled, burned, door-slammed and hammer-smacked all at the same time in a numb needles-and-pins-from-hell-kinda-way lololol! i mean, they always hurt....but the devil himself would whimper if he was suffering this! lolol! maybe we could reach a compromise??? how about you all buy me a sewing machine and i'll only use it on the stained glass window.....i'll still stump-stitch the main edge! fair?

looks great bud, dont buy a sowing machine bud, i have thought about it so many times, but then your work is commercial not handmade, and thats what put me of, i could get one if needed, but my work would not be the same if i did that.
having your fingers hurt is what its all about, your work will just look like all the other mass produced tat if you go down that rout.
take care.
lee.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Your fingers will toughen up mate:lmao:

thanks for the compliments! yup i agree of course.....BUT....hurts not quite right.....sorta trampled, burned, door-slammed and hammer-smacked all at the same time in a numb needles-and-pins-from-hell-kinda-way lololol! i mean, they always hurt....but the devil himself would whimper if he was suffering this! lolol! maybe we could reach a compromise??? how about you all buy me a sewing machine and i'll only use it on the stained glass window.....i'll still stump-stitch the main edge! fair?

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire
I bet your thumb is sore! How many hours of stitching is that? Took me 4 hours with a few breaks, just to do a notebook cover. Nice design work. I very much like the orange Sun design. Lovely colour graduation. They remind me of stained glass a bit.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lololol! seeings i'm only getting sympathy off miniwhisk i shall elaborate more to make you all feel like the meanys you are! haha!....mark you slavedriver....ive been stitching every day for 2 years now....how long does it take?? lol....and as for lee....''having your fingers hurt is what its all about''....now thats just kinky! lol....seriously though....just guessing the sheath took maybe 10-15 hours to complete....its partly my fault....in a moment of madness i decided to do smaller holes than i normally do to make it neater....which of course means plier-work....which of course means double the time and double the fuss....and being an impatient fool i darn near tried to pull every stitch thru with fingers rather than mess around with pick up plier, put down plier, pick up plier, put down plier (some 500-odd times or whatever). i always try to do as much as i can with one thread....so each thread was some 2metres long meaning every stitch requires pulling through loads of length. i know for a fact that just the main stitched border around the 'window' took about 2 hours cos i did it when my littlun was having his afternon nap. lazy git.

ok....i might actually take a picture of my thumb. i hope youre all crying now and reaching for the wallets....new thread.....''we MUST buy angst a sewing machine for xmas....donations here''

you know you want to.

lol, a.

ps....miniwhisk....come on then lets see it!

I bet your thumb is sore! How many hours of stitching is that? Took me 4 hours with a few breaks, just to do a notebook cover. Nice design work. I very much like the orange Sun design. Lovely colour graduation. They remind me of stained glass a bit.

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Should be used to it after 2 years mate lol.:)

Can't say i get sore fingers anymore, and i tend to make sheaths in batches of 5. But i dont think that adds up to the same stitching as this sheath. :)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
not even any sympathy from my ex-mate steve.....thasit.....i'm going over to kydex and growing a beard in protest! and as for mountainm....i take it back about your logo....its horrible! and i dont want to be a man anymore...i'm having a sex change. i bet richard will be along to put the boot in on my poor strangulated thumb at any moment!

(lip sticking righttttttttttttttttt out! lol!)
Mate your showing some fantastic skills and you've certainly steped it up a notch or 100,.. Lol.. Massive congrats bud.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE