Woodie sized knife sheath with stained glass window....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....lots of 'firsts' here again for me.....the sheaths shade of brown is bit darker in reality, sun has brightened it...4mm shoulder....all dyes mixed from 5 basic fiebings colours....the inside of the sheath is lined with 1mm black leather and stitched and glued in place to protect stitching, the liner also forms part of the welt so the sheaths coming in at nearly 1.5cm thick as the lining adds to it....bit of a beast....fiebings finish, carnauba and edgekote (in pictures it hasnt yet been edgekoted....done now tho)....colours hand-painted on with brush....embossing stamp courtesy of kerne....(steve....mountainm...luckylee....hillbill....i better be gettin some thumb sympathy now....the nails fallen off and i have partial paralysis in my left arm lol!)

hope you like! criticism wanted as always please!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STEVE581!

WINDOW1.jpg

WINDOW2.jpg

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Missed this one. :)

Nice one mate, another nice sheath. :)

Sympathy? You do it to yourself........ :p

Nah, i remember the sore fingers from when i first started out, i think the most stitches i've done on a sheath was 264 :)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ta bill....yup its worth the personal satisfaction definitely....you know that...i had another look at those instructor knives you recently made....lovely....moneys one thing....but that 'feelings' another.

ps...i think i'm overdue to nag you about your secret project

pps...(264....?.....pah....noob! lololol)

Missed this one. :)

Nice one mate, another nice sheath. :)

Sympathy? You do it to yourself........ :p

Nah, i remember the sore fingers from when i first started out, i think the most stitches i've done on a sheath was 264 :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks. :)

The secret project must remain a secret, else, how could i have a secret project? :p

264 if memory serves. Not trying to hijack your thread but this is the sheath. Made it about 3 years ago not long after i started making stuff. Its double stitched down one side and round the bottom. Rubbish pic though.

The leather was 6mm thick, 3 layers, each stitch through 18mm of leather :rolleyes:

IMG_6790.jpg

ta bill....yup its worth the personal satisfaction definitely....you know that...i had another look at those instructor knives you recently made....lovely....moneys one thing....but that 'feelings' another.

ps...i think i'm overdue to nag you about your secret project

pps...(264....?.....pah....noob! lololol)

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok ok ok....the 264's a bit pussy but that 18mm is a beast lol....looks nice m8!!!

that blade/handle look pretty nice too.

ps secrets are not nice!

Thanks. :)

The secret project must remain a secret, else, how could i have a secret project? :p

264 if memory serves. Not trying to hijack your thread but this is the sheath. Made it about 3 years ago not long after i started making stuff. Its double stitched down one side and round the bottom. Rubbish pic though.

The leather was 6mm thick, 3 layers, each stitch through 18mm of leather :rolleyes:

IMG_6790.jpg

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Looks awesome Angst really gives me that stained glass window idea, looks really good
a bit medieval feeling to it I like that, and considering
i think we need a tutorial for this !
I think I agree if you would so kind to share your secrets with us;)
Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE