Going to India, Rajastan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Me and SWMBO are going to India, Rajastan, over Christmas/New Years and are quite exited about it..
Apart from Taj Mahal, what else would you recommend to go see and do?
Any recommendations on what to bring?
We won't be roughing it, but we'll mainly travel with taxis and public transports and surely won't be living in any luxury accomodations.

/ Karl

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
Hi Karl

If you are going to Rajastan you should really visit Pushkar which is a wonderful place. From there you can take a camel trip into desert for a couple of nights and see how the locals do bushcraft. I'm jealous!

Enjoy your travels.

TFS

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Thanks TFS.
Excellent tip about Pushkar.
We've had a camel trip on the menu from the beginning of our planning, so this comes in very handy.

/ Karl

ganstey

Settler
Went a couple of years ago and loved it - I'm jealous.:D

I went to a few Tiger reserves whilst I was over there. Seeing a wild tiger is a life-changing experience.

Be obsessive about drinking bottled water sold for tourists - Pepsi and another brand that I can't remember were what we drunk most. Also, when eating in hotels/restaurants etc. make sure they've rinsed the cutlery and crockery in bottled water. Otherwise Delhi-belly will strike with amazing speed :yuck:

But above all else, enjoy yourselves :D

G

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
I went to a few Tiger reserves whilst I was over there. Seeing a wild tiger is a life-changing experience.

That's a good idea. I'd feel very priviliged indeed if we actually managed to see a tiger.

Be obsessive about drinking bottled water sold for tourists - Pepsi and another brand that I can't remember were what we drunk most. Also, when eating in hotels/restaurants etc. make sure they've rinsed the cutlery and crockery in bottled water. Otherwise Delhi-belly will strike with amazing speed :yuck:

Dheli-belly... *shiver*.
Had hit of it in Tanzania once. Not funny... :yuck:

But above all else, enjoy yourselves :D

Will certainly do!! :D :cool:

/ Karl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE