Going on a Bushy course on Friday

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi folks,

I'm going on the Backwoodsman Course with Backwoods Survival School on Friday.
Has anyone been on one of these or similar, I'm just interested in others experience as this is the 1st time I've been on something like this.
To tell the truth I'm starting to get a little bit excited about it(acting like a little kid more like hehe). I'm driving the wife nuts.

Tree

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Have a good weekend and try and post your thoughts up next week, i have not done any courses, but will be booking one with Dryad bushcraft for later this year

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I was on the same course a month ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm sure you'll get a lot from it too. At the end of the course I hope you get a chance to go into Patrick's office/den, it's filled with his fantastic craftswork including many of the items that he's posted pictures of here.

Hi all, Hi Seabeggar,

Usual Scottish weather, was hoping it was going to clear up,but should still be lots of fun anyway. I'm really looking forward to it.:D

Nice to know others enjoyed the course so much & have such high praise for Patrick.

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday.

Tree (Andy)

Hi folks,

well I've been back from my course for 2 days & am now feeling back to normal(ie not knackered anymore lol).
I had a fantastic time time & learnt alot that I didn't know. Patrick is very good at his job & has lots of interesting stories to go along with all he teaches.
It took me 2 days to get fire by friction(I got coals each time ,but wasn't until the second day that I managed to get it into flame without breaking up the coal), very satisfying to be able to make fire this way.
There were only 5 of us on this course, all very nice folks & it was nice to put a face to another BCUK member (Seabeggar).
I won't say any more about the course as I wouldn't want to ruin it for any future members going on it. All I will say is it was one of the best weekends I have spent out in the country.

Andy_e : I see what you mean about Patricks office, WOW , some of the things he has made are fantastic & it has given me a new direction in which I want to take this hobby/pastime.

Tree

ps. I'm not the best at writing these posts up so if anyone has any questions, just ask.

pps. oh I meant to say ' Patrick :You_Rock_ ' lol

Seabeggar

Jan 9, 2008
Highlands
Hi Treeclipper, hope you are still enjoying your soft chair, what an experience, what an opportunity to just spend time with such a wise and skilled bushcrafter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE