Going Dutch (pic heavy)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
After a long long time I finally had the opportunity to get out this weekend.
I normally keep my rucksack packed, ready to go - just for these kind of occassions. Unfortunately I had to re-pack, as I had some new kit I wanted to bring.

So I swapped my Tatonka tarp for my TacGear tarp, Trangia stove for a MSR PocketRocket (yeah yeah - not very bushcrafty :rolleyes:), put in my winter sleepingbag and fitted my new karabiners to the 25mm webbing on my DD hammock.

The planning was to stay out for 2 days - were it not I forgot my dinner rations :rolleyes::eek: No bunnies around, only came across 4 deer ... Yes, it crossed my mind ;)

Some pics:

No vapour trails
CIMG0229.jpg

Droppings
CIMG0230.jpg

Camp for the night
CIMG0208.jpg

Detail of tarp attachment by use of a S-biner. This way I can use the same ridgeline for both tarps and it's easy to remove the ridgeline if I want to rig up my tarp in another, less conventional, way.
CIMG0213.jpg

TacGear tarp: about 3m long. Haven't compared into detail with my Tatonka (3x3), but some rough measurements learnt that the TacGear tarp is slightly larger (3+m x aprx 1.80m)
CIMG0211.jpg

Black coating
th_CIMG0216.jpg

Future shelter?
CIMG0223.jpg

Future secured, a new generation
CIMG0224.jpg

Other side of the woods: more dark and damp place
CIMG0246.jpg

Plenty of these around
CIMG0245.jpg

Good Morning! Early dawn
CIMG0239.jpg

Obligated knife pic: "I'm a rufty tufty bushcrafter too!!"
CIMG0232.jpg

Last edited:

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Lovely pics! I like the knife pic, I have a trusty F1 too!

Very nice thanks for sharing! I really like the flecktarn tarp (I'm based in Germany), where is a good place to source it?

ATB

Mike

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
looks like a nice trip J forgot the food !!!!!! that's an offence punishable by a very long walk to the pub round here!!!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Nice pics Johan :)

Thanks Rich :)
Made them with my new camera. Took me some time to get around all those buttons and menu options, but all in all they show up far better than any other pic I ever made :D

looks like a nice trip J forgot the food !!!!!! that's an offence punishable by a very long walk to the pub round here!!!

In that case I'm thankfull I was alone on this trip!
Did bring breakfast for 2 days (as I would be out for that long); mixed up the packages when I re-packed my pack before I left.

Lesson learnt though :eek:

Paul3103

Dec 30, 2009
East Yorkshire
Nice trip Johan.

I arrive in the Netherlands on 13th May for a 10 day/1200km cycle trip 'Ronde van Nederlands'.

I will be on the lookout for some 'wild camp' sites.

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Looks like a great little "escape", I need one too!

Any bugs/midges/mosquitos around or still in hybernation? I love to sleep in an open hammock but not if I'm stung senseless. (God, canoeing in Sweden taught me that!)

Where were you staying (just curious, I have my own sites), out in the wild or something like a paalkampeerplaats?

Rgds,

Thijs

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Looks like a great little "escape", I need one too!

Any bugs/midges/mosquitos around or still in hybernation? I love to sleep in an open hammock but not if I'm stung senseless. (God, canoeing in Sweden taught me that!)

Where were you staying (just curious, I have my own sites), out in the wild or something like a paalkampeerplaats?

Rgds,

Thijs

Bugs etc where still in hybernation 2 weeks ago. Can't be long before they're around again :eek:
This was a bit further than 10m from a N.Br. paalkampeerplaats waterpump.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE