Gluing Para boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Hi all - I have a pair of para boots with the usual rubber sole glued to the foamy middle bit - anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyway, I've had the boots for a good long while, and have noticed that the solid rubber sole has started to come away from the foamy bit at the heels.

My question is, what glue do people recommend to stick it back on?

Also, does anybody know if these boots can be reheeled, maybe with a Vibram sole, and if so, how much and where?

I'd love to get a new pair from Endicotts but just can't justify the cash at the moment!

Cheers, Magentus

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I do not know about the resoling but for glueing try Bison Liquid sole - I have used it in the past and it works ok. Follow the instructions to the letter when you come to preparing the surfaces.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Evosick Impact adhesive will work as well.

I gave a pair of Goretex lined para boots to a mate a few weeks ago, I'd only worn them once and put them away for a rainy day. The original soles had perished for some reason and were crumbling away, he took them to a local cobblers and got Vibrams fitted for £22.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Thanks for the replies and as usual, good advice and food for thought. I think I'll get me some Evostick and enquire at my local cobblers too.

Magentus

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
careful how you use it, Evostik is the fella the glue sniffers used! I've had a headache from using it to make a knife sheath before.:yuck:
(they may have taken out the really dangerous chemicals)

take the lid off the glue pot and it's an emergency stove, not sure I'd like the fumes though!:rolleyes:

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
hi Magentus

I dont know about he glueing of the boot but you can definetly get them resoled.
I got mine resoled through Tiso's boot guy a few years ago and haven't had a prob with them since.

scott

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE